Questions about coding and custom character and item

Hello guys this topic about some questions for making custom character custom items. I have some (lots of) question. The first of all, is there any guide topic for making a custom weapon and armor and amulet and ofcourse backpack? If there is i can't find it so i hope you guys answer my questions.

The first one:
How can i make my character

can't wear any backpacks except my custom item
can't wear anything except my custom item
can't use chester (can't pick eyebone too)
can't use any weapon or tool except my custom item

well is it possible to add my character 3 more stats like health, sanity and hunger?

first one soulholder for every kill captures 1 soul

and the second one for tools when cut a tree or mine a thing or hammer a thing or razor a thing shovel a thing or pick a ground 1 points up

and the third one for catch bugs or fish for every catch 1 points up or everytime you use pen of phoenix 1 points up

it it possible to make this and can i make this like health bar shown of right top of screen like little health bar 

And the second one:
How do i know if code is working or not? Because i'm using this code
for Critters sanity aura

local function critter_SanityAura(inst)
    local x, y, z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()
    local delta = 0
    local ents = TheSim:FindEntities(x, y, z, 20, {"critter_puppy", "critter_kitten"})
    local bonus_sanity = nil    -- initialise
    local distsq = nil        -- initialise
        local totalDelta = nil        -- initialise

for k, v in pairs(ents) do
        if v ~= inst then
            if v.entity == "critter_puppy" then
            -- Lose sanity here
                bonus_sanity = -TUNING.SANITYAURA_MEDIUM
                distsq = math.max(inst:GetDistanceSqToInst(v), 1)
                delta = delta + bonus_sanity / distsq
            elseif v.entity == "critter_kitten" then
            -- Gain sanity here
                bonus_sanity = TUNING.SANITYAURA_SMALL
                distsq = math.max(inst:GetDistanceSqToInst(v), 1)
                delta = delta + bonus_sanity / distsq
            else
             -- do nothing; I like to have else clauses just in case.
            end
        end
        totalDelta = totalDelta + delta
    end

if #ents > 0 then -- actually you could move this up to just before the for loop (save some processing power).
        totalDelta = totalDelta / #ents
    else
        totalDelta = 0
    end

return totalDelta
end

and it seems like not working but i can't be sure

also i'm using a code for foods but this part is not working that should make every eatable things in game makes give 5 hunger and -10 sanity but when eat something the server stops working

elseif food and food.components.edible and food.prefab  == not "ice" or "fish_cooked" or "fish" or "fishtacos" or "fishsticks" then
    local hungerboost = 5
    local sanityboost = -10

local foodcheck = food.inst.prefab == "spoiled_food" and 0 or hungerboost

inst.components.health:DoDelta(0) 
    inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(0) 
    inst.components.hunger:DoDelta(5 - food:GetHunger() * eater.hungerabsorption)
    inst.components.talker:Say("I shouldn't eat that. Nya~")
end

and that makes game crash no error no warning just white screen

inst.AddTag("fridge")

And the other problem custom weapon well i'm trying to do a SUPER-MULTI-ULTRA-WEAPONTOOL

here is what i want to add to weapon

--fight
1-sword of immortal: makes high damage, slowly hits, restores health %3 of damage (key shift+1)
2-scythe : low damage, attacks nearby enemies too, fastly hits (key shift+2)
3-ice bow: normal damage, little fast, slows enemy (no need ammo takes 3 sanity per attack if santy less than 5 can't attack) (slows %50 for 2 seconds) (key shift+3)

--light
4-wand of light: with 'c' glows and turns off, like infinity lamb (takes 30sanity per 30 sec) (if santy less then 35 can't use) (key shift+4)
5-wand of priestess: heals nearby players (3per sec) and herself (1 per sec) and nearby players gain little sanity regen (takes 10 sanity per 3 sec) (if sanity less than 50 can't use) (key shift+5)
6-instrument of heaven: gains sanity (medium) when played with a custom animation like flute (key shift+6)

--dark
7-spear of lavaqueen: has long hit range, low damage, slow attack speed, burns when hit (3 seconds and 2 damage per sec) (key shift+7)
8-book of death: slows everyone on map  and hit slower (takes 3 healt per sec) (if health less than 25 can't use) (key shift+8)
9-dart of snake lord: large range, hit slow, low damage, poisonly (takes 3 sanity per attack) (poison for 5 sec and makes 2 dmg per sec) (if santy less than 5 can't attack) (key shift+9)

--tool
10-Rockdestroyer: Just normal pickaxe (key ctrl+1)
11-Forestkiller: Just normal axe (key ctrl+2)
12-JustShovel: As named Just shovel (key ctrl+3)
13-Destroyer: Just a hammer (key ctrl+7)
14-Groundpicker: Just a pitch fork (key ctrl+4)
15:Raazor: not a razor it's Raazor but it's just a simple razor but can't use for shave beard :( (key ctrl+8)

--stuff
16-Rod Of Megaladon: Just an infinity rod (key ctrl+5)
17:Bugcatcher: Just a normal bug net (key ctrl+6)
18:Pen of phoenix: Just a feather pencil (key ctrl+9)

and if it possible can i add my weapon lvl system but using souls, treepoints, minepoints and catch points

i mean when you got 10 catch points you can use pen of phoenix. Like after kill 10 mob you can use scythe?

and if it's possible to make can it change skin when changed weapon or tool type? I mean when you use the scythe it turns a scythe, when you use spear of lavaquenn it changes to a spear?

and i forget to ask how i can make custom skin is there any guide for it?

Edited by AkaiNight

Hello,

If you look through the threads which have been posted and answered for the past week or so you would find the answer to your first question regarding what a character can equip or not.

For the rest I have to admit I saw your post but it's just too much. You are asking so many questions at once I just did not want to read. Better if you decide what task you want to focus on first and ask a question about that. When it is solved, you move on to the next one and ask for help again. Just throwing all your idea and trying to solve all the issues at once is counter productive.

Yeah, also people are here to help. A big topic like this could create the feeling (right or false, it doesn't really matter) that they are doing too much of the work.

It's important to keep things reasonable. And maybe not trying stuff too complicated if you must ask help for too many things, even if it's hard to do this when you have a lot of ideas.