Dupe stuck in Ceiling tile

not even 1 cycle in and a dupe gets his head stuck in a tile. 

Tried to prioritize destroying the tile but the other two dupes seem like they would much rather be digging.

max be stuck.png

haalp plz

Seems you're really having a few issues dealing with the priority system.

What you can try in that situation, aside not having digging on priority 9, is when you're setting the order to deconstruct to set the priority to 9 (It's available when you use the deconstruct tool, but can't change it on the priority overlay I believe).

Also, in that specific case, what might have been your problem is that sand block that fell in the way. It puts the Dupes out of range, so you would also need to give the order to dig that sand block. Dupes will simply ignore orders that they can't accomplish but don't give you a specific warning - But if you hover the cursor over a tile that you either set to dig or deconstruct or something, it will state if it's unreachable.

That said: These kind of things will hopefully be sorted down along the road. Thankfully there's some tolerance mechanics in place to prevent these situations from being more common, but they become a bit annoying when things like these happen out of sight, and it takes a while for you to get a warning that a Dupe is suffocating or something. For the while being it relies on the player calculating what might happen in consequence of their decisions.. terrain giving in.. collection of items beyond a point your closing off.. so on.

1 hour ago, Komi Neko said:

Seems you're really having a few issues dealing with the priority system.

What you can try in that situation, aside not having digging on priority 9, is when you're setting the order to deconstruct to set the priority to 9 (It's available when you use the deconstruct tool, but can't change it on the priority overlay I believe).

Also, in that specific case, what might have been your problem is that sand block that fell in the way. It puts the Dupes out of range, so you would also need to give the order to dig that sand block. Dupes will simply ignore orders that they can't accomplish but don't give you a specific warning - But if you hover the cursor over a tile that you either set to dig or deconstruct or something, it will state if it's unreachable.

That said: These kind of things will hopefully be sorted down along the road. Thankfully there's some tolerance mechanics in place to prevent these situations from being more common, but they become a bit annoying when things like these happen out of sight, and it takes a while for you to get a warning that a Dupe is suffocating or something. For the while being it relies on the player calculating what might happen in consequence of their decisions.. terrain giving in.. collection of items beyond a point your closing off.. so on.

dig was on default priority and I had destruct on 9 and I thought I had dig on the sand but it's possible that I forgot that bit.

To be honest I was kind of more amused by the whole situation than worried XD

On 7/9/2017 at 4:47 AM, goodtams said:

Did the dupe die? On another note, that natural mealwood farm is pretty sweet. 

nah, I just switched to a new game and figured I'd go back once I figured out how to fix the problem

edit: reloaded the game and he's fine now. Maybe game only saves dupes in valid locations?

Archived