Can we have some options for the boss healthpools in world creation?

So I love don't starve, I play only with friends... but it would be awesome to get some options during world creation for the boss health pools. Like the normal ones are cool, deerclops etc. I'd even take a dragonfly who burns our towns down, I liked him the way he was. His current healthpool and the health of the bee queen etc is just so rediculously high, my friends will never join me in hunting stuff that takes 100 gunpowder or 30 minutes of strike and run to kill.

It would be so awesome if we could tweak the health levels for the various bosses, especially for solo or two man play.

Also, bigfoot. The item that summons his should be an option too. Give it a disclaimer for how destructive it is, but he was fun. One of the funnest things about the original.

Make bigfoot great again.

idk - if Old Bell and big Foot are put back in, I'd want even bigger health pools on the bosses, as that item was too ez to exploit.  Every season has a full moon, so just getting glommer every time meant you could old bell every boss.

I... don't think this is the best idea. I'm usually all for player options, but there's also a matter of consistency. Games need to have a foundation, and I think Don't Starve has got it down.

When I see a Deerclops, I know what I'm up against. I know what will work when done correctly, I know what will not work, I know what can go wrong. I'd be devastated if I invested some serious time into getting the necessary resources, only to run out and be confused as hell because the server jacked up the HP, or invested all this time into getting the resources, having the boss drop like a fly, and I'm sitting here with full sanity and 30 cooked greencaps in my inventory, feeling like an idiot.

If I squander my resources, I want it to be my fault.

I really hate to say it like this because it's like, "git gud", but that's not the negative connotation I want to get across. You need to improve your form or do your homework. And your friends need to do the same. You sound like the more ambitious of your friends. Teaching them may be a great way to learn yourself. And it'll make the eventual victory all the sweeter for your friends that you got it done, and got it done right.

I kinda agree with author of the topic. DS Together has so many differences from single player now: skins, crafts, bosses, mobs, etc. I understand that Klei wants to keep interest of players in Don't starve, and force us to play multiplayer version with friends. But DST is so much better now! I can't even play usual Don't Starve after DST, where is a lot of annoying mechanics and bugs. Most annoying thing: you can't do actions, while there's item on your mouse; you can't build under buzzard's shadow and etc. There's only one thing left in Single Player: ShipWrecked DLC. 

We really need DST single mode option!!! :D 

P.S: You cane tune mobs\bosses HP, by editing file tuning.lua, if you want. Just find there 

BEEQUEEN_HEALTH = 22500,

for example...

But It's similar to cheating while developers won't decide how many HP should have bosses for single run.

4 hours ago, Apchi said:

I kinda agree with author of the topic. DS Together has so many differences from single player now: skins, crafts, bosses, mobs, etc. I understand that Klei wants to keep interest of players in Don't starve, and force us to play multiplayer version with friends. But DST is so much better now! I can't even play usual Don't Starve after DST, where is a lot of annoying mechanics and bugs. Most annoying thing: you can't do actions, while there's item on your mouse; you can't build under buzzard's shadow and etc. There's only one thing left in Single Player: ShipWrecked DLC. 

We really need DST single mode option!!! :D 

P.S: You cane tune mobs\bosses HP, by editing file tuning.lua, if you want. Just find there 

BEEQUEEN_HEALTH = 22500,

for example...

But It's similar to cheating while developers won't decide how many HP should have bosses for single run.

... I don't see how anything before your post scriptum has to do with anything the OP's said.

And what do you mean "single mode"? Like, a DS:T singleplayer option? That IS a thing..

31 minutes ago, StealthBeast said:

... I don't see how anything before your post scriptum has to do with anything the OP's said.

And what do you mean "single mode"? Like, a DS:T singleplayer option? That IS a thing..

Well, s\he said: 

It would be so awesome if we could tweak the health levels for the various bosses, especially for solo or two man play.

And these were my thoughts on the topic. I mean, I don't want that players could tweak bosses HP - too cheaty , but there's could be an option for solo game, where optional bosses has more adequate HP...   Of course devs will say: "but you already have Don't Starve single player version! Buy RoG and have fun!". Yes, I bought it already, but there's so no new reign bosses and crafts. :( .

9 minutes ago, Apchi said:

Well, s\he said: 

And these were my thoughts on this topic. I mean, I don't want that players could tweak bosses HP - too cheaty , but there's could be an option for solo game, where optional bosses has more adequate HP... 

That... that didn't clarify anything. You just gave me a quote from yourself asking for a solo mode (which does exist), then a quote talking about server customization options for the modification of boss hp.

Those have nothing to do with one another. Christ, someone else help me out here? lol...

Archived