Hey all, I'm hoping that someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong...

So I decided to try the hydroponic tiles to grow pincha peppers.  At first I used fresh water and saw that I made a goof. I then piped in dirty water, but it's not actually irrigating the plants. I included screenshots.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

pincha 1.jpg

pincha 2.jpg

It's possible that your hydroponic farms are still full of clean water. They need to be emptied manually, there is a button "Empty building" or something like that when you select the farm. You can also just rebuild them.

I had this problem with mealwood early on and it took me forever to figure it out.  Pofil is correct.  The contents of the hydroponics tile contains regular water and is not acceping the polluted water. There is a button at the bottom of the info pane when you select the hydroponics tile to "empty building" but it did not work for me.  The only solution I had seen that was effective was to deconstruct and reconstruct the tiles.  If you click on the tile you can see its contents to confirm the water it is holding.

13 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

There is a button at the bottom of the info pane when you select the hydroponics tile to "empty building" but it did not work for me.

It didn't work because of bug after AU was released but it should work now. It just needs to be done by a dupe and I assume it inherits priority of the tile so if all dupes are busy doing priority 9 tasks elsewhere, it may take a while. It's also missing a "tinkering" icon so it's not clear that the tile is waiting for something.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

It didn't work because of bug after AU was released but it should work now. It just needs to be done by a dupe and I assume it inherits priority of the tile so if all dupes are busy doing priority 9 tasks elsewhere, it may take a while. It's also missing a "tinkering" icon so it's not clear that the tile is waiting for something.

Good to know, thanks.

Archived