Possible New Buildables

Here is what i believe could be a few ideas for new buildable  objects:

1. Bio fuel power generator - burns food, waste, seeds etc to produce power, generates CO2 (selectable in item menu)
  2. Oxygen generating decor plant - planted in plant pot, generates small O2 and decor
  3. Upgrade plant - once built (at high cost) allows the other facilities to be upgraded up to 5 times, improving efficiency/reducing input cost
  4. vacuum pump - allows the removal of gas from a space with the use of a filter (see below)
  5. Filter - allows the selection of gas to be extracted by pump
  6. Condensing unit - condenses water from air, required power and produces water slowly
  7. tranquilizer gun - stops duplicate freaking out by sedating them for 1 cycle (forces duplicate to go to bed)
  8. critter farm - allows breading of animals

Some of your ideas are really interresting. Others are... kinda gamebreaking.

Idea 7 would probably kill the whole stress game. If you can let a dupe sleep at night, then a full day, and a night again, he will probably have no stess at all anymore... this is ofcourse way to easy.

I really like idea 1, bio fuel should be a thing, but pls dont let it burn seeds... some beginners of the game might not understand that seeds are important and will probably ruin their first world by burning them that way.

About idea 4/5: there already is a gas filter in the game. Adding an extra one seems unnecessary to me. Also, I dont think it is realistic to let pumps also filter things...

Perhaps the Bio fuel generator converts the organic material into natural gas? Then it sends the resulting gas through a pipe that can be hooked up to the natural gas generator?

I don't think the upgrade station would really work for this game since the majority of gameplay is connecting various components and systems together. Altering the input/output costs of various items could run the risk of making huge changes where your system starts generating too much of a resource, changing the temperature too much, or creating game-breaking perpetual motion machines or whatever.

i would really use the "upgrade plant" option, cause some buildings feel like they could really be improved and feel that they really need to be improved
Domesticating animals and growing them is a veery nice idea(why dammit not? we have animals, we have food...), - it will provide renewable meat and way to renew animals that could have accidentally died for some reason (like flying into water pool, yea, or moving into single tile of water that was left unattended or unreachable ans staying there untill death.. etc)

the tranquilizer is an interesting idea however your first reply is pretty spot on about breaking the stress game, but if you added some downsides to the use of the tranq i think it could work nicely.

how about including a reduction in the DUPE's effeciency(-2 in all stats) after they wake up from being groggy and a +50% increase to all stress gains after they wake up due to their loss of time and not knowing what happened. it makes it great for picking off your destructive DUPE so they don't destroy a bunch of stuff but it also makes it so you need to fix whatever was bothering them quickly or it will just go back downhill.

21 hours ago, Rossum said:

Perhaps the Bio fuel generator converts the organic material into natural gas? Then it sends the resulting gas through a pipe that can be hooked up to the natural gas generator?

I don't think the upgrade station would really work for this game since the majority of gameplay is connecting various components and systems together. Altering the input/output costs of various items could run the risk of making huge changes where your system starts generating too much of a resource, changing the temperature too much, or creating game-breaking perpetual motion machines or whatever.

I really like this idea, but what material could be used if not seeds?  There isn't enough polluted dirt to effectively create natural gas unless you use an ungodly amount of outhouses with a lot of dupes.

5 hours ago, Falcore555 said:

I really like this idea, but what material could be used if not seeds?  There isn't enough polluted dirt to effectively create natural gas unless you use an ungodly amount of outhouses with a lot of dupes.

Excess food, spoiled food, polluted dirt, fertilizer, slime/algae, cloths, ... death dupes (this is getting a little dark)

Also, maybe there will be some kind of tree or vine-like plant added, which does not provide any food, but just oxygen and/or compostable material

Idea 2 about the plants, let Briar plants do that, they have no purpose right now. Oxygen generated have to be minimal. Since the seeds are limited I think its fair.

Or/and boost the decor of them, right now they have +15 (2 tile radius), when sculpture have +22 (8 tile radius). Making them kinda absolute.

IcrpGqH.png

On 6/14/2017 at 1:32 PM, Xodian said:

Here is what i believe could be a few ideas for new buildable  objects:

1. vacuum pump - allows the removal of gas from a space with the use of a filter (see below)

What Klei needs to do is add an input line to the Gas Pump. We could then transfer gases and place pumps wherever we want.

Ok another suggestion

Refinement plant - takes raw minerals such as sandstone and produces sand, basically used to convert one material type (raw mineral, raw metal etc) to another i.e. filtration material, combustible, etc

Archived