Priorities and micromanagement

The more you play, the more the base becomes and the more difficult it is to manage its current priority system, so I propose: 

• For each dupe you can choose the priority for every work (for example, power-5, dig-4, harvest-3)
  • Assign an individual job

Would like this very much. Also please somehow improve efficiency of all workers.. right now they can go far distances only to do a very small bit. It can take many cycles (up to 20) to build a simple room. Not sure if that is intended or not. I have my game on fast forward much of the time these days. Game pace is just too slow.

Definitely would like a bit more control over who does what. And Coal delivery.. just make that a new job! lol

10 minutes ago, strawberrygirl said:

Also please somehow improve efficiency of all workers..

Optimization is very much in order, the fact that in larger bases dupes spend way more time running around rather than doing their jobs is a big issue.

But regarding per dupe priorities and micromanagement ... it's basically RimWorld approach. It certainly works for RimWorld but ONI is trying to go a different way and when you get used to it, it actually works too. You just can't bring your RimWorld habits to this game and expect it will work the same way.

Archived