disable beefalo brain shortly? run to the player

Hi,

I would like to give a "GoToEntity" command to a tamed beefalo, so that it is running to the player.
But it seems something else is giving him every ~1 second the command to slowly go to to the player, so he stops running everytime.

The main goal is to tell the beefalo that it should run to the player (when he rings a bell, I alreday have the bell and all of it)
How to do this properly?

Edited by Serpens

I would guess his brain? It updates every 0.25 seconds(if I understand it correctly), so unless you've added the command to his brain it will just override it every 0.25 seconds.

...I think, I'm not too experienced at this.

@Serpens What you'd want is a While node in the brain, that checks whether the bell has been rung recently (this could be stored in a variable in the brain and given a task to set it to false after a certain time), and if that's the case, then GoToEntity. Feel free to use tools/brainsurgery.lua from my rebalance mod (I used to have an example of using it for beefalo brains, but it looks like that was removed before I put it on GitHub...).

4 minutes ago, rezecib said:

@Serpens What you'd want is a While node in the brain, that checks whether the bell has been rung recently (this could be stored in a variable in the brain and given a task to set it to false after a certain time), and if that's the case, then GoToEntity. Feel free to use tools/brainsurgery.lua from my rebalance mod (I used to have an example of using it for beefalo brains, but it looks like that was removed before I put it on GitHub...).

thank you :)
I have absolutely no knowledge about brains and how they work :D
So an example would be great. Do you still have it somewhere lying around ?

hm.. okay.
No it is not worth the time learning how brains work.
Instead I will directly teleport the beefalo to the ringer.
(the plan was beefalo runs to the player if in range of 30 or is teleported in range of 30 and runs the rest)