Switch logic

Yes, it is possible. It's not simple as it uses pipe logic rather than power logic. Blueprint below.

The pump is always on, but its output pipe is blocked by constant stream of packet of the wrong water. When the water reaches the upper switch, a filter is activated that steals the wrong water from the cycle, letting the pump output pass. When the water reaches the lower switch, the other filter is activated which returns the blocking water back to the cycle and blocks pump output.

m50plPJ.jpg

Oh and it couldn't be run exactly as it is in the blueprint, I left some input/output interleave in. There should be one more valve or bridge between the two filters to get rid of confusion.

Another option, using gas chamber. The pump runs when there is sufficient pressure in the chamber. When water reaches lower switch, the gas pump is activated and it moves gas from the chamber to the pipe. Then switches off. When the water reaches upper switch, the filter is activated and it sends the gas back to the chamber, activating the liquid pump.

5lmIziv.jpg

23 minutes ago, Risu said:

Could use a battery to delay the loss of power from the switch turning off.
Gonna need a lot of batteries for that amount of water though.

Thank you that does work. A quick rough test showed that a single large battery as a buffer gave me just under 840kg of extra liquid.

I'm trying to balance the power and the pressure switch against the rate that the pool refills now.

16 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Yes, it is possible. It's not simple as it uses pipe logic rather than power logic. Blueprint below.

The pump is always on, but its output pipe is blocked by constant stream of packet of the wrong water. When the water reaches the upper switch, a filter is activated that steals the wrong water from the cycle, letting the pump output pass. When the water reaches the lower switch, the other filter is activated which returns the blocking water back to the cycle and blocks pump output.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

Another option, using gas chamber. The pump runs when there is sufficient pressure in the chamber. When water reaches lower switch, the gas pump is activated and it moves gas from the chamber to the pipe. Then switches off. When the water reaches upper switch, the filter is activated and it sends the gas back to the chamber, activating the liquid pump.

Another couple of awesome solutions there I'll give them a try.

I'm trying to automate the movement of gas and liquid in longer coordinated sequences rather than spits and spurts and these are all very helpful.

22 minutes ago, Moggles said:

I'm trying to automate the movement of gas and liquid in longer coordinated sequences rather than spits and spurts and these are all very helpful.

I'm usually ok with short bursts as long as the machinery runs at optimum performance. It's easier on power system since short bursts of activity don't require a lot of power reserve in batteries.

Archived