Dupes just stop making food and refuse to cook/eat, everyone dies.

So I have a massive water well with a massive supply of water, I've got like 6million kg of dirt. I have 2 dupes who's only job is to make mush bars for my 30 or so dupes. Suddenly I realize all 30 guys are starving, my cooks are just standing there saying "food is out of reach" and refuse to cook. Everyone starves to death for no reason at all...

The list is the "consummable list", near "vitals" and "jobs", right corner of the screen.

They have access to the water and dirt ? The priority of the mush maker is high enough ? You could put your mouse on the different things to see if they are "unreachable", maybe this could explain.

If you still have the save, and none of this is an explanation, i would suggest a bug report with the save attached to it, so dev could see what is wrong.

There's a lot of things that can go wrong. Check the consumables menu, check navigation of your dupes, and check if you really have all that's needed, including food itself. Also try to restart the game as some problems seem to get fixed by it (the game is still early development).

Or you can try to post your save here and we can check it for you.

Archived