Ice not melting

Hi, I put ice in a compactor and it's not melting. I even dropped it on the ground and put a hear between two ice filled compactors and nothing. It's weird because it was melting earlier but before I had a setup to collect the water, it was just melting inside my base.

20170529234257_1.jpg

My understanding is that while ice still in its original form melts as it is exposed to heat, once you mine it , you've transformed it into an item that melts all at once, so if you have a very large amount of ice it will take quite a while to melt.  If you have a full storage container of plain  ice, 20k kg, it should turn into 20 tiles of water when it finally melts.

1 hour ago, Trego said:

My understanding is that while ice still in its original form melts as it is exposed to heat, once you mine it , you've transformed it into an item that melts all at once, so if you have a very large amount of ice it will take quite a while to melt.  If you have a full storage container of plain  ice, 20k kg, it should turn into 20 tiles of water when it finally melts.

I see. I watched the temp and it is dropping extremely slow so you must be right. At this rate I think they'll be melted in 100 cycles. I also realized that my vat is no where near big enough for when it all melts lol. Thanks.

Archived