dont starve doors

Yep, they would definitely overpowered.

I mean, if the devs were to implement doors ever, they'd probably make it so that the doors and all connected walls become indestructible. They'll also electrocute every hostile creature that comes closer than 1 1/2 screens away. They'd also probably make them spit gold nuggets out of the key hole.

And you can get nutritious strawberry milk shake out of the door knob that heals you for 50 health and fills your hunger by 100. If you touch them, your sanity goes up to max as well. Did I mention that they'd also give off light in a 2 screens radius? If you have a door in your inventory, you'll also never freeze.

You see, and THAT's why doors would be overpowered. Devs just can't add balanced doors or gates to the game. Now you know. There is no such thing as a balanced door or gate. If you didn't yet, now you do.

This is what I gathered from most replies to threads suggesting doors or gates.

Posted Image

Note: Be careful when reading any of the above, sarcasm can be contagious and cause permanent change to your thinking and perception of reality. Oh wait, I should have told you BEFORE you read it. Sorry!

• Like 1

INB4"no doors, no roofs, no windows, what do you think this is, Minecraft?"Personally, I'd actually welcome some late game structure building. Give you something to do later on when you've perfected how to 'survive'.I could see building a wooden shack (for starters) out of planks that would collapse under a hound attack or catch fire. Then on to stronger structures.

Edited by tehMugwump

I see no problem in adding doors. Even if hounds weren't able to crush them they would idle around in front of it, knowing you are in there. Sooner or later you have to leave your shelter. Also bigger and more intelligent foes could aim at this weak spot and break your precious door to pieces.

I would love gates/doors. I think they should provide 1/2 or even 1/4 protection that walls do, but when 'destroyed' they just swing open, letting everything in. The walls added a lot to end-game (IMO). They allowed me to try and make an epic wooden fort that's impregnable and indestructible (although I'm hoping no lightning strikes). It didn't take away from the feel of the game either.