Immune to damage from certain prefab [solved]

Hello, I'm trying to create a creature that summons tornadoes when it attacks, however the problem is that it takes damage from those same tornadoes. I'd like to edit it to be immune to damage from that prefab, but I can't seem to get it to work. I looked at this topic

however the solution that was reached offered me absolutely no help when I used it. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Edited by Eusong

--as its own function above masterpostinit
local function tornadoimmunity(inst, amount, overtime, cause, ignore_invincible, afflicter, ignore_absorb)
    return afflicter ~= nil and afflicter.prefab == "prefabnamehere") --you can also do afflicter:HasTag("name") if you want to filter it by tags.
end

--in masterpostinit
inst.components.health.redirect = tornadoimmunity

Edited by DarkKingBoo

10 minutes ago, DarkKingBoo said:

--as its own function above masterpostinit
local function tornadoimmunity(inst, amount, overtime, cause, ignore_invincible, afflicter, ignore_absorb)
    return afflicter ~= nil and afflicter.prefab == "prefabnamehere") --you can also do afflicter:HasTag("name") if you want to filter it by tags.
end

--in masterpostinit
inst.components.health.redirect = tornadoimmunity

It works! Thank you so much! However it still gets stunned by the tornado. Is there a piece of code you know that could get rid of it being stunned by it? Thanks again for the first piece. ^-^

Hmm I was not aware that the health redirect doesn't stop stunning, my bad.

I'm assuming the tornado is staff_tornado prefab. You may need to add additional code to the tornado stategraph to specifically ignore your character in the destroystuff function. I'm sure there is some form of AddStategraphPostInit (there is another method but I need to remember how to do it), however I can't look it up today. 

Since your character is summoning tornadoes, you can take the simple way and simply make a copy of the SGtornado (and rename it to something else) and make the changes and have the tornadoes use that stategraph when summoned. I'll answer back with a "cleaner" solution when I can.

1 hour ago, Eusong said:

Is there a piece of code you know that could get rid of it being stunned by it?

You could use the code that the tornado uses.

local tornado = SpawnPrefab("tornado")

tornado.WINDSTAFF_CASTER_ISPLAYER = true

Now the tornados won't hit players (unless PVP is enabled).

Edited by DarkXero

3 hours ago, DarkXero said:

local tornado = SpawnPrefab("tornado")

tornado.WINDSTAFF_CASTER = inst
tornado.WINDSTAFF_CASTER_ISPLAYER = true

And make that inst be the creature.

Thank you so much! It works!!