@DarkXero I'd say that your definition fits the word 'basic' more. Wilson is not balanced, he is basic. Based on your definition of him, Wilson really fits the word,

Now, I'm not saying that Wilson desperately needs a buff. Whether Wilson should be changed or not is all just subjective and everyone has their own perspective. I'm merely stating the fact that Wilson is the worst character when compared to the rest.

inb4 i get told that wes is the worst

On 5/1/2017 at 3:40 PM, Onetel21 said:

So.. unless we all learn that Bernie is made just to buy you some time against nightmares and he still needs help , i feel like Bernie needs to be reworked. How about  devs making it  "attached" to Willow like a backpack, so that everytime that someone's sanity drops below 30% it magically "spawns" under Willow  and stays there until she picks him up again (or.. hits him to despawn him like you would despawn Abigail or Shadow puppets). Another solution would be to make Bernie a special backpack for Willow only that can be placed on the ground to work as usual.

I for one think the Bernie's mechanic is fair as Willow actually has 2 specific items, her lighter and the little toy bear - as opposed to mentioned Abigail's Flower or Lucy the Axe (plus both of these items, lore-wise, are actually possessed by spirits so their character-specific usability seems pretty grounded). 'Burnie' should remain as it is, being a (non-possessed) toy, and maybe rework Willow's lighter - make it again an infinite-wear item in Willow's hands (and maybe, when dropped and picked by other characters the usability parameter appears). I really like how making Beries for your team mates promotes team-play (co-op wise) similar to Wigfrid and her battle gear.

Guys, guys.  I've read the community guidelines and looked at how these threads go and I'm pretty sure I can handle the rest of how this goes.

Prior to that though we need to understand a few things.

1) Despite Willow and Wilson falling at the bottom of any effectiveness metric you can design, they're both fine because I like them.  Don't try to explain otherwise, or how minor their upsides are, because these points will simply confuse me.

2) Bernie is fine because Willow gets two crappy items that combined are less useful than any one of wickerbottom's easily made books, but 2>1 thus bernie is balanced.

3) Buffs are impossible because despite the huge gap in utility and overall effectiveness between the strongest characters and Willow the slightest change would make her an OP griefing tool.

4) Willow has some advantage with griefing.  I won't ever explain how exactly this works but both Klei and most of the forums agree with me, and truth by consensus is the best way.

5) If you try to disprove any of these I'm going to call you an elitist powergamer.  Bernie is totally worth an inventory slot and in fact Willow is somehow a better nightmare fuel farmer using bernie, as long as you pretend max and wolf don't exist and don't think about it too hard.

Pretty much all the views above I've seen completely seriously. I think Willow and wilson both need some help and both lighter and bernie are lacking.

Bernie not luring nightmare creatures in the ruins, and not fighting back would be my main issues with him, and the lighter has too small a radius.

Archived