Game progression question... Any help for Intermediate player?

Hello, i'm still kind of new to the game and i'm still getting used with the switch from RoG to DST (mostly the health increase on monsters, i've died vs walrus party while on 20hp cuz i use 2 blow darts on RoG but u need 3 on DST), but now i've set a goal to finish all content about the game in 2 years, then i would like to do it in 1.

What do you think would be the most logical way to progress trought bosses, gear, and events to fulfill that goal???

A little example from what i do

Autumn: Day 1 to 10 explore (i try to find glommer before day 11 to get him asap to kill krampus without dedicated farming) and spot walrus camps

Day 11 to 19 (Prepare base and Cave base, get gear, some basic stuff)

Winter:  Day 20 go get Walking Cane finish exploring the surface map farm some stuff kill deerclop

Well this is a quick example of what i am asking for, hope you help me and thanks.

I am playing wicker at this moment since my favorite RoG are weird here but i would like to master wicker wolfgang and wx-78.

Hmm well learning the DST biomes helps a lot, you should be able to explore your map in the first 6-7 days of Autumn, after I usually squeeze a dragonfly kill in prior to winter for the scaled furnace and gems, but that's how I prefer to play the game, I don't think it's super important or the logical way. It just gets her death timer started earlier for farming.

Use your full moons to kill Glommer for Krampus and then grab a new Glommer if you like (Day 11 / 31 / 51 / 71 / 91).

By Winter you'll already have your tusks revealed, maybe you only got 1 in the moon set forest, or maybe you got the additional 3 in the rarer 3 tusk biome. Between those respawns you pretty much just gather stuff / build / prep for Klaus. After Tusks / Deerclops I like to just kind of relax and maybe just gather Ice for summer flingos, maybe pick up some tentacle spots for a Rain Coat, until near the end of winter, I go kill Klaus and hope for decent enough loot.

Spring I use to start setting up the Flingos, perhaps I'll use the dragonfly gems and a trip to the ruins to pick up some thule and start construct / deconstruct duping it (Thule isn't really all that worth it, just a for fun thing). Use the orange gem to upgrade to a lazy explorer. Not much else I like doing in spring, could slap some Moosegooses around for all the down feathers towards weather pains (in combination with gears from the ruins). These weather pains will come in handy for the toadstool fight. You could even look to put some morning stars together + weather pains and try it while the rain is readily available, probably what I should be doing instead.

Summer if you're not playing with a few people you don't have a whole lot of use for the deserter (TP a friend structure), you can grab some recipes from the Antlion for fun, or kill it for base decoration, but generally I just head to the caves for the Ancient Guardian / Kill the DF again / decorate base.

From then on in the game I'd look to tame a beefalo and get all the pieces together for a new moon / shadow fight. Then look towards Fuelweaver, but I haven't done it yet lol. Use the Bearger to mow some trees and thin out the populated Beefalo herds in the Savannah / Mandrake forest. Some people like doing the Bee Queen somewhere in this list(Bundling Wrap is OP). It's really all up to what you're feeling. You could skip out on some bosses I listed and look to visit them 2nd year instead.

The only strict logic you're bound to are bosses that are only available in a specific season, and the only gear you need is log suits and/or helmets / ham bats / dark swords. There are many viable playstyles that can clear the bosses, you can upgrade all the way to thule, you can get morning stars. You can use panflutes, you can use ice staffs. You can use gunpowder. This is one of many ideas to prioritize goals, I'm sure there are better ways than mine.

1 hour ago, Cheetos said:

Hmm well learning the DST biomes helps a lot, you should be able to explore your map in the first 6-7 days of Autumn, after I usually squeeze a dragonfly kill in prior to winter for the scaled furnace and gems, but that's how I prefer to play the game, I don't think it's super important or the logical way. It just gets her death timer started earlier for farming.

Use your full moons to kill Glommer for Krampus and then grab a new Glommer if you like (Day 11 / 31 / 51 / 71 / 91).

By Winter you'll already have your tusks revealed, maybe you only got 1 in the moon set forest, or maybe you got the additional 3 in the rarer 3 tusk biome. Between those respawns you pretty much just gather stuff / build / prep for Klaus. After Tusks / Deerclops I like to just kind of relax and maybe just gather Ice for summer flingos, maybe pick up some tentacle spots for a Rain Coat, until near the end of winter, I go kill Klaus and hope for decent enough loot.

Spring I use to start setting up the Flingos, perhaps I'll use the dragonfly gems and a trip to the ruins to pick up some thule and start construct / deconstruct duping it (Thule isn't really all that worth it, just a for fun thing). Use the orange gem to upgrade to a lazy explorer. Not much else I like doing in spring, could slap some Moosegooses around for all the down feathers towards weather pains (in combination with gears from the ruins). These weather pains will come in handy for the toadstool fight. You could even look to put some morning stars together + weather pains and try it while the rain is readily available, probably what I should be doing instead.

Summer if you're not playing with a few people you don't have a whole lot of use for the deserter (TP a friend structure), you can grab some recipes from the Antlion for fun, or kill it for base decoration, but generally I just head to the caves for the Ancient Guardian / Kill the DF again / decorate base.

From then on in the game I'd look to tame a beefalo and get all the pieces together for a new moon / shadow fight. Then look towards Fuelweaver, but I haven't done it yet lol. Use the Bearger to mow some trees and thin out the populated Beefalo herds in the Savannah / Mandrake forest. Some people like doing the Bee Queen somewhere in this list(Bundling Wrap is OP). It's really all up to what you're feeling. You could skip out on some bosses I listed and look to visit them 2nd year instead.

The only strict logic you're bound to are bosses that are only available in a specific season, and the only gear you need is log suits and/or helmets / ham bats / dark swords. There are many viable playstyles that can clear the bosses, you can upgrade all the way to thule, you can get morning stars. You can use panflutes, you can use ice staffs. You can use gunpowder. This is one of many ideas to prioritize goals, I'm sure there are better ways than mine.

Thank you very much for your response, it was a very dedicated answer...

I do play alone my ping isn't good for me to join a server to play the way i like, i usually join servers (i play with 150ms+ ping so it's impossible to kite) to hang around with ppl doing funny stuff of letting others tank while i help with the base and stuff.

So for when i play alone If you don't mind can you tell me the basics on how to kill Dragonfly within the first autumn? i've read something about a wall trick and stuff but idk if it works alone, reacently i got Klaus sack but i didn't got the key to open (the one from the deer antler) but i died cuz i forget about no pause on DST (LOL) so i started over again.

From here all i need its practice i was scared of caves (usually went there after 100 days, now i just get a torch or what ever light i have and go farm there stuff whitin first 10 days)

9 minutes ago, Jurgens said:

So for when i play alone If you don't mind can you tell me the basics on how to kill Dragonfly within the first autumn?

Sure I can detail that a bit more, this is what I use, the inventory is specific to when I play on a server with a lot of lag, if you aren't lagging and feel comfortable you can dodge the attacks you can pretty much cut down to a hambat, 1-2 helmets, a little bit of healing.

This is a solo-wall for only one magma pit with a single block gap, players and lavae alike trying to path past this wall will attempt to cut through the middle with the magma pit as a shorter path, which is a solid object so they can't. The endo fire is for neutral heat (and light when it gets dark), if the magma gets you too hot, you can cool off at the fire.

When she enrages (all lavae die) you sleep her with panflute to take her out of enrage,rinse repeat, don't walk too far away from the wall or the lavae will recalculate their pathing and go around the wall as if it doesn't exist lol. (Some like marking the spot to stand with a grass turf via pitchfork).

For revisits after farming I bring an endo fire pit out so I can always have neutral heat / light to fight the DFLY in any season (Winter / Summer ETC). Additionally I bring an ice flingo and place it where it covers the magma pit, but does not reach the endo fire I need for light. Basically I place it on the other side of the wall where I"m not standing in this picture so it only covers the magma pit. The "why flingo?", is because this farms rocks off the lavae, you'll get about 37 - 41 rocks per dragonfly kill in addition to all the boss loot. It's just a nice bonus to the kills (might as well get something extra out of the time you're using to kill her right?).

For dodging her attacks I started with Joeshmocoolstuff's tactic, then eventually learned the timing from practice.

82d9207ea5f64b87a0cab37219c99748.png

4 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

Sure I can detail that a bit more, this is what I use, the inventory is specific to when I play on a server with a lot of lag, if you aren't lagging and feel comfortable you can dodge the attacks you can pretty much cut down to a hambat, 1-2 helmets, a little bit of healing.

This is a solo-wall for only one magma pit with a single block gap, players and lavae alike trying to path past this wall will attempt to cut through the middle with the magma pit as a shorter path, which is a solid object so they can't. The endo fire is for neutral heat (and light when it gets dark), if the magma gets you too hot, you can cool off at the fire.

When she enrages (all lavae die) you sleep her with panflute to take her out of enrage,rinse repeat, don't walk too far away from the wall or the lavae will recalculate their pathing and go around the wall as if it doesn't exist lol. (Some like marking the spot to stand with a grass turf via pitchfork).

For revisits after farming I bring an endo fire pit out so I can always have neutral heat / light to fight the DFLY in any season (Winter / Summer ETC). Additionally I bring an ice flingo and place it where it covers the magma pit, but does not reach the endo fire I need for light. Basically I place it on the other side of the wall where I"m not standing in this picture so it only covers the magma pit. The "why flingo?", is because this farms rocks off the lavae, you'll get about 37 - 41 rocks per dragonfly kill in addition to all the boss loot. It's just a nice bonus to the kills (might as well get something extra out of the time you're using to kill her right?).

For dodging her attacks I started with Joeshmocoolstuff's tactic, then eventually learned the timing from practice.

82d9207ea5f64b87a0cab37219c99748.png

Thank you very much, i will give it a try, gonna post here the result ;)

4 minutes ago, Jurgens said:

Thank you very much, i will give it a try, gonna post here the result ;)

Forgot to mention if you keep your panflute / healing or other important items in your first few slots you can use keybinds 1,2,3,4 etc it can be a bit faster/safer to press them than hover over the item and right click (at least for me). It's saved my butt a few times from the DF finishing her enrage animation during solo kills. GL HF.

Archived