Electricity and other stuff

Power Generation:

Steam generator: pump in steam and it spews out water! OR pump in coal and water. then makes hot water and CO2

Idk some machine that converts heat energy into electric energy... very slowly

Other Electric stuff:

branches in your electric circuit that is not in use should not brake when the circuit is overloaded since its not carrying any current

when a wire gets damaged, it destroys about 10Kg of metal. where does that metal go? conservation of mass???

Glass fiber wires: I'm pretty sure these are good at transferring energy... like really good... if I'm wrong please tell me

Other Stuff

Doors that only open when a set amount of water is pushing against it. it then opens for X amount of seconds. this could be usefull for cooling does steam geyser water.

Super Boots: allows duplicant to climb ladders faster by periodically launching them up to 5 ladder tiles. dupes leave them in a charging station at night

Liquid Temp Filter: if a liquid if above/ below a certain temp, this will filter it out.

Planter box but for wheeze worts

Cloning machine but for creatures: clones every 3-5 cycles. the clone is imperfect and will produce slower than what the original did.

Example: Hatches make 125Kg of coal. Clones make 100 --> 80 -->60 -->50. you get the 80Kg hatch if you clone a 100Kg Hatch

Glass fiber wires: I'm pretty sure these are good at transferring energy... like really good... if I'm wrong please tell me

These are good for transmitting information not energy (electricity). Electricity needs metals, there are a few exceptions but its more or less metals.

Liquid Temp Filter: if a liquid if above/ below a certain temp, this will filter it out.

Use the thermal switch connected to a liquid filter

7 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Use the thermal switch connected to a liquid filter

Even if you build the pipe and the switch out of wolframite, it's too slow. I tried that for a gas pipe (no wolframite for the pipe) and that was complete disaster :D

I would love a pressure switch, though. Switch on above/below certain pressure (g/tile). It would need to be resilient to single tiles of different gas, though, so it should sample like nine tiles on and around the switch and use the median.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

Even if you build the pipe and the switch out of wolframite, it's too slow. I tried that for a gas pipe (no wolframite for the pipe) and that was complete disaster :D

I would love a pressure switch, though. Switch on above/below certain pressure (g/tile). It would need to be resilient to single tiles of different gas, though, so it should sample like nine tiles on and around the switch and use the median.

Vent the gas/liquid and put the switch at the vent. Your suggestion is for a liquid temp filter, the only way to heat liquids is using the immersion heater (liquid not in pipe), there is also no way to cool liquids while in a pipe. In that situation a thermo switch will work.

Archived