The ultimate exploit

After learning that you cannot warm up or cool down gas or liquid coming through a pipe while that gas/liquid happily cools or warms whatever is around the pipe, I made this.

Behold, a passive carbon dioxide disposal chamber. No energy required, just route carbon dioxide in and get it stored in safe chunks of solid carbon dioxide.

The chamber contains a looped pipe which I filled with hydrogen at about -80 C. The pipe goes through a valve which keeps the gas in motion and that contiunuously resets its temperature to whatever it was when the pipe was filled.

kg4R5CY.jpg

eVCPsbF.png

With this (and as long as you don't mind using it) there's no point bothering with wheezeworts. Keeping a room or a pool at certain temperature doesn't need anything more than a gas pipe containing hydrogen at required temperature, a valve or a pipe bridge that keeps it in motion, and a bit of patience till the surrounding gas/liquid accepts the temperature.

I seriously hope devs will do something about it soon but to be honest, it's fun while it lasts ;)

I don't think you have anything to worry about - as soon as pipe contents temp stops resetting after movement, these closed systems will soon cool off. It's a known bug and many exploit it. I do wonder though, how would it act in a vacuum?

26 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I do wonder though, how would it act in a vacuum?

I made vacuum in the chamber before I started filling it with CO2 and nothing spectacular was happening, the pipe and everything touching it was drifting towards the temperature of the hydrogen in the pipe, the rest did not seem to be affected.

There's not perfect vacuum in the chamber now. There's a few mg of supercooled CO2 still hanging around as a gas.

Just as I was building pipes to run clean but hot water from a geyser to a cold biome, and I read this post.

I waaaayyy to green at this game to set up the sophisticated mecanics you have here, but...

you cannot warm up or cool down gas or liquid coming through a pipe while that gas/liquid happily cools or warms whatever is around the pipe

means the trip with pipes flilled with hot water through the cold biome will do nothing to cool the water ? :(

worst, it will instead warm up the cold biome?

Archived