Liquid Valves not pumping

I can't seem to get them to correctly decrease the amount of liquid going through them. I've tried it in MULTIPLE places. Up next to the items I don't want to intake as much water, directly in front of the pump so the water goes almost instantly into it, and even a few tiles up and over. Tried multiple configurations of the pipes going in and out, but nothing. I get the animation that its working, the light goes on and off. But when I hover over it says "not pumping", and the water does not decrease. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can get the gas valves to work great. These stupid liquid ones are being mean. Any help would be appreciated.

20170406005245_1.jpg

20170408173110_1.jpg

43 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

There is already liquid in the pipe, if its bigger than the set value it will not let anything through until there is space.

OMG.  That worked!  I just stopped the pump and let all the water leave that area.  When I started it up again - BAM!  Controlled liquid flow!  :D  This has been bothering me for some time now, and I KNEW it was something simple that I just couldn't see.  Thank you so much!

9 minutes ago, CupcakesNZombies said:

OMG.  That worked!  I just stopped the pump and let all the water leave that area.  When I started it up again - BAM!  Controlled liquid flow!  :D  This has been bothering me for some time now, and I KNEW it was something simple that I just couldn't see.  Thank you so much!

Ugh.  Spoke too soon.  Worked for about 5 minutes.  Went right back to "not pumping".

5 minutes ago, CupcakesNZombies said:

Ugh.  Spoke too soon.  Worked for about 5 minutes.  Went right back to "not pumping".

Sounds like you're not consuming enough water to warrant the valve then.
If it's going to back up to the valve, then it's going to back up to the valve.

10 minutes ago, Risu said:

Sounds like you're not consuming enough water to warrant the valve then.
If it's going to back up to the valve, then it's going to back up to the valve.

Its not actually backing up to the valve.  Its going constantly going.  Seems fine now.  :)

Archived