Save data and opting OUT of the BETA branch

@CaptainChaotica My Weird idea is to generate a world in slot (cluster) 3 on  the stable branch, after that's done exit the game, open up your file manager and look at the Cluster_3 's cluster.ini read it and see if it's the junk world you generated, look for the name and other clues. If you are sure move the beta Cluster_3 to the junk one, replacing all da files. If you did not find the world you generated in the Cluster_3 's cluster.ini look at the other cluster folders in the DST folder, if you found it in an other Cluster let's say Cluster_5 rename the beta Cluster to Cluster_5 folder you want to keep and move & replace it in there. I think further inquires should be in a pm. :)

Actually no, in my case...I followed the rather scary instructions earlier in this thread (copy over your backup into an unused cluster slot, then just go to generate a world and when you hit that button, the old one will show up) and...YES!  It did!  I was kind of amazed.  The button suddenly changed from "Generate" to "Resume" on my screen, and the 300-something days popped up in the corner, and the right name, and everything.

BUT I had a backup in a different folder just in case, which is why I tried it.  Heh.  But yeah--it worked, and The March of Civilization is back again, baby!  Including my inventory still being full of frog legs from that frog rain we had on the last day of spring, and the random catcoon den at the oasis.  :)  (And, of course, the base.)

Of course you should keep investigating it in general, if other people are still having serious trouble.  Just because it worked out well for me doesn't mean it will for everyone...

...Notorious

Archived