PLEASE MAKE MIRRORS OF OBJECTS

My obsessive brain loves your game, Klei, but it is time I spoke up for the high functioning autists. I want, nay *need* physical symmetry.  I understand that there is no way to tell what a construct is made of by looking at it (granite bed or sandstone bed iss same visually....  but let me at least make my mark on the temporary existence of my futile grasp for life in this by putting my pillow to the left.   How could this simple right to reiorient your bedding be refused?   That is part of the Geneva Convention!;)

Simple reflective symmmetry would facilitate a LOT of design options as how many places would your designs be different if you could flip the intake and outtake positions of a mechanism?  How different would it look if your statues and paintings could face the opposite way?  How much more organized your storage could be?   If it is a research element to make things "mirror imaged", I'd research that before food.

Not to mention rotating the output/input on water purifiers.  Would take care of that heartbreaking moment every game where I realize my beautiful water tanks are on the wrong sides compared to where the pipes need to enter the machine..  

Klei has previously mentioned on stream that they like the routing challenge imposed by fixed input/output configurations :/ I don't know if they'd have an issue with just mirroring the images though.

On 4/9/2017 at 4:33 AM, y3kcjd5 said:

Klei has previously mentioned on stream that they like the routing challenge imposed by fixed input/output configurations :/ I don't know if they'd have an issue with just mirroring the images though.

Yea, I do like the challenge - with one exception. Power transformers are a pain to use because of the heavy-watt wires.

On 4/6/2017 at 10:50 PM, Left4twenty said:

Not to mention rotating the output/input on water purifiers.  Would take care of that heartbreaking moment every game where I realize my beautiful water tanks are on the wrong sides compared to where the pipes need to enter the machine..  

I refuse to put my clean water on the right. REFUSE.

Archived