Hydrogen Cooling System

That's real nice. Have you considered having an inline gas filter (set to hydrogen) leading to another room to deal with the gas over cooling?

The filter could be activated only by thermal switch and essentially re-route some of the gas to be "warmed" elsewhere, which could then be pumped back into your closed loop?

Might be total rubbish what I just suggested, but in my small chimp-mind it seems plausible ?

31 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

That's real nice. Have you considered having an inline gas filter (set to hydrogen) leading to another room to deal with the gas over cooling?

The filter could be activated only by thermal switch and essentially re-route some of the gas to be "warmed" elsewhere, which could then be pumped back into your closed loop?

Might be total rubbish what I just suggested, but in my small chimp-mind it seems plausible ?

Welll it doesn't work that way. 

The problem is that the pipe you're measuring with the thermal switch has a delayed temperature change since it's not wolframite. While you could set up a system of regulators and backflow pipes that works off of the thermal switch, the problem is that the pipes are too slow at updating their heat to reliably have the switch turn off or on at any given time 

Couldn't that be taken into account on your thermal switch? I do this all the time when it comes to coal gens, set the thermal switch 30-40 degrees lower than needed to allow for the heat transfer between the tiles.

2 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Yes, i believe its possible i might try that in the future thought it will require better layout planning as it is I already have too many pipes running around. Will probably be starting a new base design on stream tomorrow (14-16 hrs from the time of this post) with some ideas i got from watching belannaer. Mostly changing my O2 H2 production setup to set the gasses free in the base. Enclosing the electrolyser is only good with 3-4 pumps and that costs too much power since pumps are 240w.

PS if u havent seen belannaer pls check him out

The easiest solution to the thermal problem is to set up a block with a wolframite switch and wolframite pipe near the regulators. If you then break the pipe after the regulators you can get the hydrogen to backup by the regulators. Then just rebuild the pipe. This will get your hydrogen traveling in a group and it will backup near the regulators and might linger for long enough to get an accurate temp read.

Alternately, and probably easier, have the pipes branch before they access the regulators. Put a gas valve on one of the branches and set it to low flow, then put a thermal switch infront of the valve. If you make this branch small enough, just one tile of pipe and two tiles for the valve, it should create a sort of sensor that draws a tiny amount of gas from the system and measures it. To ensure that the sensor is isolated from the outside environment (in case you have your system in a cold biome or simply don't want heat output by nearby regulators to mess things up) the sensor should be surrounded by insulated tiles and set into hydrogen. If the switch gets too cold, it turns off the system and lets it sit. You can also set up a branch with a gas bridge next to the regulators that sends the incoming gas to the output, this will let the system continue to cycle hydrogen without cooling it.

I will try to test this system and if it works I can upload a picture.

Archived