Construction - prioritized queue

So I've come to enjoy the prioritized deconstruction that most items have by default. Often I find myself wishing, it were the same case for construction, but then I remember that often I want some construction orders executed before others.

With that in mind, I came to the idea of perhaps having construction orders have its own queue within the highest priority setting that currently deconstruction has, this way it still executes above everything else (on the same level as deconstruction) but you can still choose which construction order executes before other construction orders in the same fashion as we are used to (numbers from 1 to 9)

However the issues this poses are:

• When I use construction for merely planning and not actual construction: This could be solved by implementing a planning stage (I've seen it being recommended elsewhere but can't remember which thread)
  • When I want specific actions to be done before some construction orders (such as Priority 9 on Manual Generators; i.e. Generate power before even building): I am not sure on the specifics of how this could be solved, but somehow I've seen Deconstruction always being treated on the same priority or second to the highest current priority number, thus never imposing a freeze on important actions like the one mentioned above.

I would love to read comments. Also let me know if there is anything like this already, I will happily delete this thread if so.

The easy fix seems to be to have the ability to set your own priority ranking for job types then also have the priority queue. So if I have dig as my highest job priority and I have a row at 5 priority but I also have cooking which is third on job priority and I have the musher on priority 9, the dupes will finish my dig orders first.

To do it this way though you'd need a critical override so that if you set a job as critical it would ignore job priority and treat that as the most important job. There would have to be a way to limit the critical to one click though.

Archived