Tanks water/air

This would be the 5th or 6th suggestion asking for air/water tanks.

Edit: Yes I am keeping a loose track of this because I really want this as well, and suggested it myself. Mine would be the 3rd time it was suggested.

Make your own tank by lining a square room with tiles. add a pump and fill it with water. add a pressure door at the top (you can rotate the sideways to make a hatch)

Hopefully they'll soon add a machine to store frozen oxygen so we can store lots of O2 in a small area in solid form to slowly melt back into a gas.

First thing I do is make a room, 3 tiles thick, pump at the bottom and outlets at the top for pumping fresh water in and then fully enclose it before descending into 100% stress. My own protected reservoir free from the pee and vomit...

Would like to see tanks or be able to build walls out of metal that would allow the squares inside to build up to a higher pressure than normal, maybe need a few pumps in series to force whatever gas you needed beyond the 'over pressurised vent' and into storage.

that would allow the squares inside to build up to a higher pressure than normal

But there IS no maximum pressure walls can handle...?

I've seen 800 atmospheres of pressure in game before, with 1 dirt holding it back. And it seems pretty obvious they haven't set a limit above that, so it probably goes up to whatever primitive they used in the code, such as the max value of a float (3.4 x 10^38 kg/tile, or about 100 sun's masses)

12 hours ago, Joshu145 said:

I think the idea of designing rooms to hold in the gasses is much more fun! I don't know though maybe that's just me =P

You can just build a meandering pipe with disabled filter at the end, it can store 10 kg of any gas or liquid per tile if you filter particular kind to go in it.

On 15-3-2017 at 0:42 AM, Joshu145 said:

I think the idea of designing rooms to hold in the gasses is much more fun! I don't know though maybe that's just me =P

well i think that too but i find it annoying to see them puke in the water :( you can't control them where they puke.

23 hours ago, Kael_Rus said:

Edit: Yes I am keeping a loose track of this because I really want this as well, and suggested it myself. Mine would be the 3rd time it was suggested.

yea sorry i didn't notice because i don't really scroll down to find them it's easier to make a topic :p

16 hours ago, Kruleworld said:

Make your own tank by lining a square room with tiles. add a pump and fill it with water. add a pressure door at the top (you can rotate the sideways to make a hatch)

Hopefully they'll soon add a machine to store frozen oxygen so we can store lots of O2 in a small area in solid form to slowly melt back into a gas.

I did it already but the thing is that they puke in the clean water x, it's fun though to design the room with shower and toilet and the purifier 

16 hours ago, LuckyMarineGames said:

First thing I do is make a room, 3 tiles thick, pump at the bottom and outlets at the top for pumping fresh water in and then fully enclose it before descending into 100% stress. My own protected reservoir free from the pee and vomit...

Would like to see tanks or be able to build walls out of metal that would allow the squares inside to build up to a higher pressure than normal, maybe need a few pumps in series to force whatever gas you needed beyond the 'over pressurised vent' and into storage.

I also tried that but when you are out of water they can't make food anymore, i still need to get the planting under control since it sometimes difficult to regulate the temperature.

On 15/03/2017 at 2:53 AM, Kael_Rus said:

People should watch better to avoid reposts

This really could be a good idea. But in a way to avoid water or gas shortages

14 hours ago, Crimeo said:

Yes you can, just close off the water tank area entirely and only access it by pump and pipe outlets.

that's not realy a solution because if you have a shortage of clean water you can't access it if you open it again then the possibility of them puking in the water is there again

1 minute ago, Mishi21 said:

People should watch better to avoid reposts

This really could be a good idea. But in a way to avoid water or gas shortages

that's would be a bit difficult because the duplicant take water where it is closest, they then need to make it only a water storage and a tank were you can take out the water something like that would work

6 minutes ago, Roselyn said:

that's would be a bit difficult because the duplicant take water where it is closest, they then need to make it only a water storage and a tank were you can take out the water something like that would work

Yeah. That's exactly what I've wanted to mean :) That could be a great way to have a water storage near your microbe mushers or algae terrariums, and avoid your duplicants to cross your whole base to search for it.

8 hours ago, Roselyn said:

that's not realy a solution because if you have a shortage of clean water you can't access it if you open it again then the possibility of them puking in the water is there again

Like I said, it's hooked up to pumps and an outlet via pipes. So yes you can access it without ever having to open the room again. Either in or out. If you want to send in more clean water, you do it via the pipes and the outlet inside the room, not by opening the tiles up.

Archived