Auto-Save Options

Auto-save Options  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should Auto-save options be added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

Options such as:

1. Auto-save: a) enable or b) disable

Reason: Gives the player an option whether they want to auto-save or not. The lack of option clusters the save/load window with excessive (maybe unwanted) save files that the player has to take time to delete.

2. If Enabled: a) every cycle, b) every 2 cycles, or c) every 5 cycles

Reason: Player may not want to auto-save every cycle.

49 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

Apart from that any windows with lists should be scalable (in case your screen is big enough so you won't have to scroll)... Where is the benefit of not auto-saving every cycle?

Some people may like auto-saving every cycle, however there are some (like me) that would prefer to have the option when to auto-save or not have it at all if limited hard drive space is an issue.

While I come from a time where free space of disk drives was measured in a single digit of megabytes (two if you were rich or lucky) I don't think this should be a real issue (at least while running Windows as it eats free space left, right and above). Can we settle on a button that opens the save game location in the file manager?

Archived