Make Job Titles / Labels Mean Something

I saw a different post earlier, about having a title of The Captain, but I didn't want to derail that post..

Basically.. right now, the title each dupe gets (Runner, Technician, Scientist, etc.) is just based on their highest job/skill level; but that's it, it has no other purpose or use. I have a current colony of 30 Dupes.. the majority of which are Runners. Their title/job SHOULD be based on their highest skill set.. but it should not be able to change.

Let me double back... The Dupes were all on a ship that crashed in to the meteor... having been on a ship, they all had duties/responsibilities/jobs.. and your starting Dupes should reflect this (as well as choosing future Dupes). There should be a Captain (new title, possibly a "Jack-of-all-trades, minor buff to all jobs/stats), as well as the other jobs. I get that some people might want a dupe to be well rounded.. but I feel like the dupes need to base their own individual priority of tasks upon their skill levels (a Runner shouldn't do research instead of/before delivering). This would help better micromanagement of tasks and assigning certain dupes to certain jobs as well as preventing your colony from being populated by a single title/job.

Archived