Don't Assign Exclusive Jobs to New Dupes

I have my jobs set so that only my talented artists can do art. A new dupe enters my base, and scribbles all over one of my canvases. I shouldn't have to remember after every new dupe to deselect their art job. I thought the dot or check at the top of the jobs chart would choose whether new dupes would have that job or not.

1 hour ago, HabdomeRaider said:

I have my jobs set so that only my talented artists can do art. A new dupe enters my base, and scribbles all over one of my canvases. I shouldn't have to remember after every new dupe to deselect their art job. I thought the dot or check at the top of the jobs chart would choose whether new dupes would have that job or not.

I approve ! I hate it when I get the dupestickman instead of the monaLIdupe

8 hours ago, ScreenNameMissing said:

There are no "exclusive jobs"... you just manually select who does what. It's not a pre-set, so you have to do it with every Dupe.
It's not a bad idea as an option in a future update, though.

Yes, I want Klei to add the ability to mark jobs as "exclusive" so that new dupes automatically start with them disabled.

5 hours ago, ibew_sparky said:

There could be a box at the top of the column that if checked checks the box for new dupes

Even better, there's already a box up there. It's used to check/uncheck all the existing dupes. It just want it to apply to new dupes as well.

Archived