Sand, The most important resource in the Game: Use it wisely!

So I've been playing this game quite a lot, I manage to depend only in water as resource, I don't need Algae or Carbon anymore. I reach cycle 180 with 12 dupes (people reaching more than 300 cycles are usually with 4-6 dupes) and I was trying to make a perfect enviroment for them so I built a lot of Deodorizers around my base to reduce the contaminated oxygen and purify all the contaminated water I could found, I had zero H or contaminated O2 problems untill cycle 80 with almost 0 Co2 and an average 700 air pressure of pure clean oxygen in my entire base, but then I completly ran out of Sand, no matter how deep I dig in any direction, Im pretty sure you could only find sand in your surrounding spawing spot. So now I cant purify my water or the contaminated oxygen.

I know there are some ways to boil the water and filter it to get clean water, also you can filter the contaminated oxygen and lock it far away from your base, but that will be an extremely pain in the ass task, considering that I constantly need at least 8 dupes running in the manual generator to keep my base running and their decor expectation are over 200, so they get stressed rly fast, I was thinking about killing all my dupes and get new ones so they wont spend so much time in the relax table. Also I know there are some rare lookin fishes that keep floating around eating contaminated oxygen, but sadly you can't grab and release them in your base, there should be a way to train them as your pets, so you can move them to a specific location. By the way heat also became a really pain in the ass problem.

My base is crushing into pieces due to excesive contaminated oxygen and lack of clean water, so I'm going to restart a new game considering that Sand is the most important  resource in the game, and killing some high skilled dupes from time to time xP.

For the time being you can survive off contaminated oxygen with minor consequences. Ive actually not needed any oxygen producing machines for a huge chunk of one of my playthroughs. I survived by going to a bunch of air pockets with high density contaminated oxygen and let it flood my base. 

water however does need to be clean for use.

Archived