Food flipping

Has anyone else noticed that flipping food from one bin to another extends the shelf life indefinitely?

Pretty sure this is a bug tied to food being timed on tile rather than per unit (hence the vanishing act of new food when old food rots) but curious as to others experience of this.

oh my god you just explained one of the most annoying bugs in the game to me so far, never made this connection. a colony well stocked with food over time somehow goes into complete famine for no apparent reason, as if these dupes were hoarding it

seems to be trouble going from the single player clickfest to scripted logic, I don't see why they couldn't use the exact same functions from DS just to subtract from the container either. instead the game just throws out your whole store, my current workaround was just not to put away anything edible, they can eat off the ground like savages

we also have no ui feedback for this, so... how can we know when food is about to go bad

Archived