Water leak

I just bought this game and I have some questions about base building.

1. Why my water was leaked like this? Liquid vents bursted or something?

UTHTQhx.jpg

2. What is the best research you need in the early game? I usually upgrade till I get Electrolyzer, Lavatory, Shower and I found out that my food supply was running low everytime.

3. How could I make dupplicants does not take water when they are idling because I want to make a big tank to produce electricity.

4. Is there anyway to lose this game? All of your duplicants die? Running out of oxygen? What is the best way to produce oxygen and reduce contaminated oxygen because even when I got 3-4 Air Deodorizers, My base is still full of contaminated oxygen.

5. What is "Max Gas Pressure" do?

Sorry for my bad English. As I really like this game, hope to get an answer soon.

2 hours ago, Eternity7 said:

1. Why my water was leaked like this? Liquid vents bursted or something?

Sometimes water can creep, but most of the time, its just the havoc water and contaminated water make when they mix.

3. How could I make dupplicants does not take water when they are idling because I want to make a big tank to produce electricity.

Once they no longer need to deliver water to a supercomputer or a microbe musher.

Is there anyway to lose this game? All of your duplicants die? Running out of oxygen?

If everyone dies, game over.

What is the best way to produce oxygen and reduce contaminated oxygen because even when I got 3-4 Air Deodorizers, My base is still full of contaminated oxygen.

By far the best method is the purifier + electrolyser, early to mid you just need the second, but later on, all your water run out and you must rely on contaminated water you can find in the green biomes.

Here's a tip, think of contaminated oxygen just as oxygen. The only difference is that some times, veeeeeery rarely it makes dupes sick. (trench stench and the spores) that actually do nothing.
Talking about contaminated oxygen, a very good source of it are distilleries: those produce contaminated oxygen + contaminated water + algae out of slime.

5. What is "Max Gas Pressure" do?

The electrolyser, the algae terrarium an the deoxydiser stop working if you have if there's too much air around (oxygen, hydrogen, any gas)

2. What is the best research you need in the early game? I usually upgrade till I get Electrolyzer, Lavatory, Shower and I found out that my food supply was running low everytime.

The first I try to get is the one that allows you to get the algae terrarium (to deal with carbon dioxide) and the farm plot to stop using the microbe musher as early as possible.

Thanks for the answer :D

Hopefully, you will help me more:

1. How could I fix : "Atmospheric pressure was too low"? Most of my plant suddenly died because of heat, atmospheric pressure...
2. What is the best use of gas vent except for hydrogen generator? Among Coal Generator, Hydrogen Generator and Manual Generator, which one is the best to use?

3. It is worth to using cooking station? I only use Planter Box to farm mealwood to produce lice loaf. I think it's the only way to get food supply.

cooking has not been properly flushed out

currently people are just planting mealwood insect trees.. then you harvest and the dupes eat that ... 

if you keep using the mush bars it uses way to much water and makes your people sick

if you keep going to cook the mush bars it takes way to much time / water / oxygen 

the gas vent is just an "exit" for your gas pipes 

5 minutes ago, Eternity7 said:

3. It is worth to using cooking station? I only use Planter Box to farm mealwood to produce lice loaf. I think it's the only way to get food supply.

you dont actually need to cook the mealwood currently ... just a waste of resources

I should say that I think we should manage expectations

I believe the game is nowhere near "done" and its still fun

I think we are all just testers, in that way we can find bugs and help make the game grow into a fully developed game :) 

its so fun already i cant imagine how good it will be once finished 

so just try to find any bugs you can and report them :)

53 minutes ago, Eternity7 said:

1. How could I fix : "Atmospheric pressure was too low"? Most of my plant suddenly died because of heat, atmospheric pressure...

Try to put them at the very bottom of your base. as they'll eat away carbon dioxide. To increase pressure use deoxidisers (early on) and electrolysers - distilleries mid-late Just don't put them near batteries or generators.

2. What is the best use of gas vent except for hydrogen generator? Among Coal Generator, Hydrogen Generator and Manual Generator, which one is the best to use?

For the hydrogen generator I've tried using two electrolysers and one or two pumps directly on top of them to redirect the hydrogen. This actually just eats away the hydrogen without really generating any energy.

My favourite is the coal generator, as it leaves free some dupes to do other tasks, nonetheless I still have 5 manual generators just in case.
Be careful to enclose your generators as it creates an awful lot of heat and CO2 (use double doors)

I'ts best to eat them raw. Cooking them just increase the calories at the cost of precious water, just stick with mushbars until you have a decent amount growing. (They tend to generate more seeds once you harvest them three times)

Archived