Disposing of Dead Dupes. (Fertilizer/Food)

At the moment, whenever a dupe dies you're stuck with them. They slowly rot and give off toxic gas, as well as attract Morb's... I feel like it would be beneficial to actually use the corpse of the dead dupes to further the colony, instead of forever polluting and attracting more Morb. If it were possible to compost the bodies and use them for fertilizer it would be really beneficial, especially if resources are scarce. Naturally, there's a grieving debuff on all surviving dupes when one passes, so it would only make sense to have a similar one when using a dupes body to compost/fertilizer.

Another option would be, consuming the deceased dupe. I know there was a cannibalism controversy with DS/DST, but I feel like the circumstances of ONI actually fit the right situation where it would actually make sense. Likewise, there would be a similar debuff were a dupes body to be consumed.

They have graves you can build to keep them from becoming sacks of rot that poison your base.

But I am all for using their bodies for something. Maybe they could be made into special fertilizer that gives a bonus to crop-growing for a little while. This could be a feature of the graves. Similar to that new thing in real life where you can make ashes/people into fertilizer to grow trees.

Archived