Ancient/Lost Civilization Artifacts - Idea

Hey, I had another idea to make exploration a bit more interesting/motivating:
~although we are talking about colonizing asteroids, the asteroids could be part of a destroyed planet, leaving certain pieces of "civilized" artifacts~

Duplicates are able to find ancient artifacts (or artifacts from an lost/other civilization) that contribute to their Deco needs (I would love to see a "Spirituality" or "Community" need that these artifacts could contribute to).
For the purpose of my explanation, I am assuming an "Spirituality", "Worship" or "Community" need could be a feasible attribute.

Artifacts can be discovered through exploring these locations through the map:
- Shrines: Small chunks that contain 0 to 1 artifact, guarded by one or two creatures that need to be fought to get the shrine to "open-up" to make the artifact appear.
- Temples: Medium to large chunks that contain multiple artifacts, guarded by a handful of enemies (or an automated security system - think traps and other "Indiana Jones" stuff).

Artifacts are required to build some of the following assets:
- Decoration - add to Deco need as well as "Worship" slightly.
- Scribes desk - Skill increasing, assignable, asset that increase skills (Worship, or a randomly distributed skill)
- Temple - Gravely adds to Deco and "Worship" skill of duplo's in a large area of effect, needs a Duplo assigned that has a "Worship" skill above a certain level (gained through the scribes desk). If no "Scribe" is assigned the temple has the same effects as the Artifact Deco assets only their size is much larger.

This is just a quickly put together idea, feel free to critique or contribute. I hope this idea can help player to venture deeper into the asteroid.

If I'm not mistaken, they said it's planned to do something like that on the roadmap. I like the idea of these stats "community", "spirituality", but it would be nice as well if you "corrupt" some ancient shrine the dupes wouldn't feel so well...

12 hours ago, deadgag said:

If I'm not mistaken, they said it's planned to do something like that on the roadmap. I like the idea of these stats "community", "spirituality", but it would be nice as well if you "corrupt" some ancient shrine the dupes wouldn't feel so well...

I feel like a lot ideas I read or have are (or should :P) be on the roadmap, but there ins't a roadmap visible for non-Klei peeps right?

Great idea on the corrupt artifacts, everything in the game seems to have a yin-yan ballance to it. for every molecule that contributes to good, there's also one that contributes to bad stuff :)

2 hours ago, ScienceMachine said:

Jokes on you lot, the artifacts would have to be their original planet, and the portal is simply a failed emergency recolonization protocol that was several generations too late.

Could you explain this a bit more in detail?
I'm not quite up to date on the backstory etc. s

Just now, mrsopkip said:

Could you explain this a bit more in detail?
I'm not quite up to date on the backstory etc. s

Oh no, no backstory. This is all my idea. Basically, the dupes would be a part of a special post-apocalypse rebuilding effort, should there be one. Unfortunately, the people who devised this idea didn't think about the entire world itself being destroyed in the cataclysmic event.

Not only that, but THIS particular Dupes machine was several hundred years too late. Only now did it decided to print dupes.

1 hour ago, ScienceMachine said:

Oh no, no backstory. This is all my idea. Basically, the dupes would be a part of a special post-apocalypse rebuilding effort, should there be one. Unfortunately, the people who devised this idea didn't think about the entire world itself being destroyed in the cataclysmic event.

Not only that, but THIS particular Dupes machine was several hundred years too late. Only now did it decided to print dupes.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder110/250x250/35720110.jpg

Archived