So I've fiddled around with the worldgenerator, I was able to create considerably more sand or change the layout of the caves.

I'd like to know if anyone has found out yet how to change the starting room/blob size or anything else achieved.

for example in subworlds.yaml one thing that I changed is temperaturerange to Mild which will result in about 10 degrees celsius less in the first few blocks around your starting point.

Imagine what we could do with Oniontools and some understanding about the worldgen!

Mobspawn can also be easily changed.

48 minutes ago, dunny said:

So I've fiddled around with the worldgenerator, I was able to create considerably more sand or change the layout of the caves.

I'd like to know if anyone has found out yet how to change the starting room/blob size or anything else achieved.

for example in subworlds.yaml one thing that I changed is temperaturerange to Mild which will result in about 10 degrees celsius less in the first few blocks around your starting point.

Imagine what we could do with Oniontools and some understanding about the worldgen!

Mobspawn can also be easily changed.

eh, debug tools tends to work better, without having a secondary program

I don't know, using a text editor will not break people's neck if they're interested in spicing up their world.

Onions capabilities probably will be in the base game at some point, it'd also be possible to change that without onionpatcher as a tool (right now the dlls)

I'd prefer random cheating by increasing certain biomes and amount of things availalble to deplete than having to put them by hand with debug tools because the RNG only gave me 13 spots of sand.

So I assume none knows anything about the worldgen and the only replies I will get here are opinions if it's okay or not okay or awesome or not awesome to change anything?

Damn :/

the debug tool also offers no option of increasing the world size

23 hours ago, dunny said:

I don't know, using a text editor will not break people's neck if they're interested in spicing up their world.

Onions capabilities probably will be in the base game at some point, it'd also be possible to change that without onionpatcher as a tool (right now the dlls)

I'd prefer random cheating by increasing certain biomes and amount of things availalble to deplete than having to put them by hand with debug tools because the RNG only gave me 13 spots of sand.

So I assume none knows anything about the worldgen and the only replies I will get here are opinions if it's okay or not okay or awesome or not awesome to change anything?

Damn :/

the debug tool also offers no option of increasing the world size

i would just wait as the game develops, who know they might do something similiar to how factorio does its world generation

Today I figured out how to get the map seed for game-generated maps. That was a big help, because now I can quickly re-roll new maps until I find one I like, then get the seed and plug it into OnionPatcher, then take my time selecting 3 dupes with low decor expectations. It's not quite as helpful as being able to make direct adjustments to map generation (like more algae and sand, nice square water reservoirs, etc), but it's better than nothing. :)

Alrighty, so I looked at the files, and you can pretty much do anything you want to change the way the world is generated. For a test, I decided I wanted more algae, I didn't want wide rooms with a layer of water on the floor, and I didn't want those water reservoirs you get that have a "patchwork quilt" of algae, fertilizer, sand, sandstone, etc.. surrounding them. Here's what the resulting world looks like:

45u1GL1.jpg

Edit: Oh, and I removed the chance for rooms with carbon dioxide and/or a vacuum.

Archived