Cross-server portals

As far as I know, the dungeon and the outside worlds is two independent servers, combined into a single "cluster". So why developers don't make a cross-server portals, which would allow to connect worlds of different players and visit each other? I often face the problem when I play on my server, and my friend on his. And we would be glad to unite, but too much time each has spent on own server, so each of us plays alone in don't starve together. (Sorry if my english is bad).

This would be a pretty nice idea, being able to visit your friends' worlds while keeping your items. In fact, I'm pretty sure this was a planned feature (there's a friend o magic portal in the game that's spawnable) but Klei decided not to implement it. Probably cuz you can use console to cheat on 1 server and bring those cheated items to another.

1 hour ago, Winterwolf said:

Of course, items don't have to move during teleportation, because the servers can use different mods.

then whats the point of going out of the way and bringing your character over? you might as well just join his server as a fresh spawn because you won't have anything.

Yes, StarmanNess, you are right! I don't thought about it. So, then only server owners should can be able to create a link between portals (to protect from cheating, only by mutual consent, only trusted servers can be connected together).

Perhaps this could be an option in the server.lua?

ALLOW_SERVERGATE = true/false

Interdimensional Portal.

"Allows transportation between dimensions."

Made at a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station.

x3 Purple Gem x6 Thulecite x1 Guardian Horn

Archived