What are the pressurized doors useful for?

3 minutes ago, DNsingbanana said:

Title. In what situation must you place theses doors since they don't affect decor propagation, liquid/gases...

keeping that nasty toxic gas away from your oxygen area, you place them, then place pressurized door to lock gas in there, then add a gas pump in you oxygen area to suck up carbon dioxide and it have move into the sealed area

2 minutes ago, Spider2430 said:

keeping that nasty toxic gas away from your oxygen area, you place them, then place pressurized door to lock gas in there, then add a gas pump in you oxygen area to suck up carbon dioxide and it have move into the sealed area

Was talking about the first, standard door that doesn't need any research and doesn't block gases ^^

You can use that door if you dont want your dupes to go to... lets say your precious water storage (for example if you want them to use another water source). You can place the door and switch it to closed. Dupes can't pass anymore.

I use it if I want to fill my water storage and my dupes are allway taking water out of that storage, because they dont like to walk.

I personally use the pressurized doors to keep the pressure up in my greenhouse room where i keep all my plants. the mealwood plant requires at least 150g in atmosphere iirc. (though grams of pressure per square cm? idk). I also use pressurized doors to separate and keep carbon dioxide in my CO2 recyling room (gotta use that air scrubber).  Lastly, To bring water into my base from above, I use pressurized doors to prevent flooding.

Archived