Character Mod Feedback

Hello,

I'm looking for some feedback on a character mod I've been working on. I'm wanting to ensure the character is of course fun and balanced.

The character's name is Whisper, she is the Empress of the Bunnymen. Her special ability is to tap into her Darkside to gain strength, this does come at a cost. Here's a breakdown of the character.

Base Stats

Health: 200

Hunger: 100

Sanity: 140

Starting Inventory

• 4 Carrots

Normal Side

• Sanity Aura +25 per minute (equal to Bunnymen)
  • Decreased damage to 75% (equal to Wes)
  • Speed Boosted by +25% (equal to Walking Cane)

Darkside

• Increases damage to 150%
  • Sanity drains -10 per minute (equal to Night Armor)
  • Insanity Aura -40 per minute (equal to Beardlord)
  • Gains Nightvision.
  • Sanity must be 30 or higher to enter, will be knocked back to normal mode if sanity drops below 30.

Loves Carrots

• Carrots provide additional hunger depending on it's freshness. +6 for Fresh, +4 for Stale, +2 for Spoiled

Grows a fur coat

• Grows a fur coat in 7 days and provides 60 insulation (equal to Rabbit Earmuffs)
  • Shaving in Normal form provides 4 Bunny Puffs
  • Shaving in Darkside form provides 4 Beardhair

Nocturnal

• Loses -5 Sanity per minute during the day. (equal to Dusk)
  • No sanity loss in dark/dusk/night.
  • Can only sleep during the day.

Vegetarian

• Can only eat vegetables/fruits.

Additional Notes

• Previously Darkside had an initial cost of -20 Sanity to enter.
  • Transformation happens when you hit 'T'. There is an animation which takes a small amount of time to perform.
  • Nightvision prevents Charlie, but if you're in Normal mode in the dark you'll still be attacked by her.

So this is the character so far, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Red

Whisper.zip

Edited by RedHairedHero
Added Character File

Well she certainly has alot going on a very dynamic character its hard to tell how balanced she is alone or in a group without play testing her

What are here base stats hunger,sanity and health
But it seems her damage buff in night mode is way to high
I would also add that the barrier to enter is to high on the 25 sanity a min as if you play maxwell you find out going insane reliabley is very hard to do especially for long periods of time I would play the DS conterpart maxwell if you haven't for a better understanding of sanity passives and I'd lower the passive sanity buff

I would also unless your character has a small stomach would make it so that she gets a hunger bonus from veggie crockpot dishes as most of them have low hunger value but a high heal factor.

I'm not sure how I feel about shaving with the fur coat as bunny puffs can provide and upgraded bedroll and the hair effiges both really good things for one character to have. I have come up with two abities to replace them if you so choose and that would be increasing the loyalty timers for befrended bunnyman on her and give her a rabbit hutch on spawn with the hutch recipe unlocked as webber does 

But these are just suggestions but your character seems very fun to play in concept I think she is just overpowered a little too much.

7 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Well she certainly has alot going on a very dynamic character its hard to tell how balanced she is alone or in a group without play testing her

What are here base stats hunger,sanity and health
But it seems her damage buff in night mode is way to high
I would also add that the barrier to enter is to high on the 25 sanity a min as if you play maxwell you find out going insane reliabley is very hard to do especially for long periods of time I would play the DS conterpart maxwell if you haven't for a better understanding of sanity passives and I'd lower the passive sanity buff

I would also unless your character has a small stomach would make it so that she gets a hunger bonus from veggie crockpot dishes as most of them have low hunger value but a high heal factor.

I'm not sure how I feel about shaving with the fur coat as bunny puffs can provide and upgraded bedroll and the hair effiges both really good things for one character to have. I have come up with two abities to replace them if you so choose and that would be increasing the loyalty timers for befrended bunnyman on her and give her a rabbit hutch on spawn with the hutch recipe unlocked as webber does 

But these are just suggestions but your character seems very fun to play in concept I think she is just overpowered a little too much.

So the Sanity Aura and Insanity Aura are actually for characters that are near her, she personally does not get or lose that sanity. It's just like being near a Bunnymen or Beardlord when you recruit them. 

Her Base Stats are

I have play tested her a bit and hunger is an issue, which is sort of the point. But since she has a small stomach eating things like Fist Full of Jam can help sustain her. I didn't get to a point where I was able to use the Beard Hair personally so I didn't know how much of an impact it would be, I may reduce the amount of bits you get to 3 instead of 4, that way you won't have enough for a Rabbit Hutch or Meat Effigy until day 14, plus reducing the amount of bits reduces her insulation from 60 down to 45. I was considering the loyalty timer as well and may look into it as a possible perk, the nice thing is being flexible when it comes to the design.

3 hours ago, RedHairedHero said:

So the Sanity Aura and Insanity Aura are actually for characters that are near her, she personally does not get or lose that sanity. It's just like being near a Bunnymen or Beardlord when you recruit them. 

Her Base Stats are

I have play tested her a bit and hunger is an issue, which is sort of the point. But since she has a small stomach eating things like Fist Full of Jam can help sustain her. I didn't get to a point where I was able to use the Beard Hair personally so I didn't know how much of an impact it would be, I may reduce the amount of bits you get to 3 instead of 4, that way you won't have enough for a Rabbit Hutch or Meat Effigy until day 14, plus reducing the amount of bits reduces her insulation from 60 down to 45. I was considering the loyalty timer as well and may look into it as a possible perk, the nice thing is being flexible when it comes to the design.

She got some wes like stats anyway why you are correct that basic food can sustain her from what I have read it is a short-term solution because unless the player can get farms up the character falls apart and in a multiplayer environment where farms can be scarce for some people if they join late this can be a problem an issue happened with the winny mod where if the player joined late experienced or not they often starved or had trouble.

insulation unless its near wilson beard lvl doesn't matter in the long run and meat effigy are used in mid-game which is usually two seasons worth.

If the auras are for surrounding characters what stops me for staying in my buffed form if no one is around

I'm picking your mod up for sure when it comes out though

PS 140 is a weird number

Edited by Donke60
missed arua part

20 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

She got some wes like stats anyway why you are correct that basic food can sustain her from what I have read it is a short-term solution because unless the player can get farms up the character falls apart and in a multiplayer environment where farms can be scarce for some people if they join late this can be a problem an issue happened with the winny mod where if the player joined late experinced or not they often starved or had trouble.

insulation unless its near wilson beard lvl doesn't matter in the long run and meat effigy are used in mid-game which is usually two seasons worth.

The one thing I'm concerned about is how easy it is to manuplate the characters sanity to see if the dark mode is worth the trouble

I'm pickiing your mod up for sure when it comes out though

PS 140 is a weird number

I'll see what I can do as far as food value goes, either increase the amount from food or reduce the hunger rate to help compensate. She originally had more of a variety in her diet, the only thing that was excluded was Meat so I may return to that as well.

I'd still like to keep the Bunny Puffs as a shaving material and perhaps drop the Beard Hair, if need be I can always extend the amount of days it takes to grow as well.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Sanity manipulation, what I'm trying to go for is either make it to where the Darkmode is better then normal form or the opposite of the normal form in some way. If you end up wanting to I can always share the character to try out as well for others to get a feel for her, I've played her a bit and it seemed just a bit too easy aside from the food concern.

I was considering moving the speed boost to Darkside and add more sanity loss per minute (It use to be in comparison to the Dark Sword 20/min).

I'll see what I can do as far as food value goes, either increase the amount from food or reduce the hunger rate to help compensate. She originally had more of a variety in her diet, the only thing that was excluded was Meat so I may return to that as well.

I'd still like to keep the Bunny Puffs as a shaving material and perhaps drop the Beard Hair, if need be I can always extend the amount of days it takes to grow as well.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Sanity manipulation, what I'm trying to go for is either make it to where the Darkmode is better then normal form or the opposite of the normal form in some way. If you end up wanting to I can always share the character to try out as well for others to get a feel for her, I've played her a bit and it seemed just a bit too easy aside from the food concern.

I was considering moving the speed boost to Darkside and add more sanity loss per minute (It use to be in comparison to the Dark Sword 20/min).

I would lower the rate but everything else except for the huge damage she gets is the only thing really concerning if you want you can post your mod in the forums here I have two friends who I think would be willing to test this mod in a mutiplyer setting if you want to make her the opposite when in dark state you could make here a slow tank so when she fights in this form it would make kiting an issue for quick eniemies making tanking the better option that way people can't just run around the map being one punch man or bunny

that way normal is good for nomading and being quick and dark is good for tanking combat I'm not sure if thats what you want it would be a nice incentive to add a passive sanity buff in this form to limt the time you could spend in the form like wolfgang if it just becomes too easy to keep.

By sanity manuplation I met how easy it is for a character to become sane and insane so Webber,Woodlegs,Maxwell would be examples of characters that have easy sanity manuplation(if maxwell has the resources)

11 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

I would lower the rate but everything else except for the huge damage she gets is the only thing really concerning if you want you can post your mod in the forums here I have two friends who I think would be willing to test this mod in a mutiplyer setting if you want to make her the opposite when in dark state you could make here a slow tank so when she fights in this form it would make kiting an issue for quick eniemies making tanking the better option that way people can't just run around the map being one punch man or bunny

that way normal is good for nomading and being quick and dark is good for tanking combat I'm not sure if thats what you want it would be a nice incentive to add a passive sanity buff in this form to limt the time you could spend in the form like wolfgang if it just becomes too easy to keep.

By sanity manuplation I met how easy it is for a character to become sane and insane so Webber,Woodlegs,Maxwell would be examples of characters that have easy sanity manuplation(if maxwell has the resources)

I'm a bit confused still about your comment of adding a passive sanity buff.

In Darkmode you lose sanity overtime while you're in it, similar to Woodie's Werebeaver mode. And if your sanity drops to 30 or less you return back into your normal form. Being in Darkmode should be beneficial but at the cost of sanity. And at the moment she doesn't have anything that improves her Sanity.

I do like the idea of Normal form being a Nomad and Dark for combat. If I did that I'd probably do this:

Dark Mode

• 150% Damage
  • Speed 75%
  • Reduce Incoming Damage by 50%
  • No Nightvision

Normal Mode

• 75% Damage
  • Speed 125%
  • Nightvision

I'm a bit confused still about your comment of adding a passive sanity buff.

In Darkmode you lose sanity overtime while you're in it, similar to Woodie's Werebeaver mode. And if your sanity drops to 30 or less you return back into your normal form. Being in Darkmode should be beneficial but at the cost of sanity. And at the moment she doesn't have anything that improves her Sanity.

I do like the idea of Normal form being a Nomad and Dark for combat. If I did that I'd probably do this:

Dark Mode

• 150% Damage
  • Speed 75%
  • Reduce Incoming Damage by 50%
  • No Nightvision

Normal Mode

• 75% Damage
  • Speed 125%
  • Nightvision

OH sry that was my bad I read it backwards ok now it makes sense yes this seems balanced fairly enough won't know til tested but I think its a good first concept I've nothing more to add

21 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

OH sry that was my bad I read it backwards ok now it makes sense yes this seems balanced fairly enough won't know til tested but I think its a good first concept I've nothing more to add

Glad we're on the same page lol. I went ahead and added her file to the original post if you or your friends care to give it a try. I haven't made any of the changes we discussed yet, but I'll wait to hear back from you and your friends to see what you think.

Note: The character is not fully completed.