Question about animations

Hi guys! I've finished my first mod with naomi, and it's quite sucess! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844742409&tscn=1485118946

So, we're working on the next one (will problably be raven), but i'm having some struggle about the animations, specially the walking.

Is there any way to completely change the walking animation? We want to make a "flyish" thing to fit with raven's style.

you might have to completely animate a new walking animation from what I know.

But it is a tad big more deep than just animating, you would need to have the sprites for items too, otherwise they will disappear when the walking animation runs.

changing the walk animation is done by finding the symbol of the desired animation in the original game and overriding it, a symbol is the animations original name in DST's animation pipeline.Then this is further done by changing the animation bank and the characters build.

a bank is the animation bank in spriter which holds the animations. (on the left side of the program by default)

twDFJ.png

Fully custom animations will need a new build and a defined bank in your prefab.

inst.AnimState:SetBuild("your build here")
inst.AnimState:SetBank("your bank here")

set bank is setting the animation bank.

symbols:

in this example "run_loop" is my designated symbol which was extracted from the game for example purposes.

changing a symbol is done by using this:

inst.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("run_loop", "insert your animation bank here", "run_loop")

for each animation you want to change you have to override it.

for the animation bank if your just doing running you will need the following animations in your bank, followed by a build that shows your animation like don't starve does.. you can edit existing animations but you would have to keep true to those animations piviot points.

use krane to get most of these off of the games data files and find out more symbols.

" run_pre =   run_pre_down, run_pre_side, run_pre_up

run_pst =     run_pst_down, run_pre_side, run_pre_up

run_loop=    run_loop_side, run_loop_up, run_loop_up "

If you want to change just the walk animation you need to create an animation bank that consists of the following animations in a bank.

i'm not going into specifics but my current issues with animations is that you need to set a direct locomote function to activate the build and animation and an event to stop said function, to an extent and of my knowledge, this conflicts with ghost builds and is what I'm struggling with.

Edited by Renamon
syntax editing