How does one get answers?

Can someone please tell me how to get answers? I've posted several questions which I thought would get answered. They never did. 

When I search and try to find answers, there are questions answered that are very simple to find. So, do people only help with simple things?

Also, is there another DST form?

2 minutes ago, quadgamer said:

Can someone please tell me how to get answers? I've posted several questions which I thought would get answered. They never did. 

When I search and try to find answers, there are questions answered that are very simple to find. So, do people only help with simple things?

Also, is there another DST form?

We formed a committee in the very early days and have votes on what should be answered and when it should be answered. You just unfortunately have never met the criteria for anything to be answered at the right time. /sarcasm

Veteran modders answer questions when they have time.

Sometimes i post question and got no answers. Sometimes i post question and got clues about what to do. Sometimes i post question and got answers and someone took time to make a code especially for me (i'm so grateful).

Why some questions have more answer... It depends of a lot of things. Sometimes, the question is very easy or something that everyone trying to mod will encounter, so it's easy to help. When you spent a lot of time searching for a solution, and when someone has the same problem, it's easy to answer and say "i know that, it's because you forgot this line in this part of the code". For me, most of the question i'm answering are question about things i tried myself.

Sometimes the question is more specific, and there are less modders that encountered the same problem. So less people are able to answer. There are so many things in the code, not everyone know everything.

Sometimes, a modder have more time, or have a code ready that fit the question, or see the question as a challenge. So in these case, they could do things like searching and even coding something because they find it interesting. As a modder, i think there are thing that could be a little boring, and others that are more fun, and each modder could have his own taste, so sometimes a question could have more answer because someone find it fun.

Sometimes the question is already answered 20 times in the forum and people have no more energy to answer it once more.

Sometimes you ask a question and someone else have the same problem and when he find a solution, he share it here.

Sometimes...

A lot of sometimes.

As i said, some of my questions receive no answer in the past. So of course it's a little disappointing when you got an idea you feel great and are stuck.

BUT

The modders answering here are all doing that voluntarily (except some specific cases when Klei post here for help/bugs/others stuff).

And honestly, i find it amazing that someone take time to explain me how to do a thing or point me in the right direction, or even give me code. And i'm only a small modder, but i see how i could find it exhausting sometime to search for an answer for someone and trying to see what is wrong, so i could imagine that someone doing a lot more could be really tired providing code, answering people, especially when it comes to 10 times answered question.

(I wonder if some questions could be added to some of the guide. Thing like "this error happen mostly because" could be helpful for news modders)

So i feel a lot more grateful for any answered question that i feel disappointed by no answer, because answer aren't due, but are a gift.