server wont update

Hi all ,

Iv just updated my server and game and i can not see my server anymore. 

I also forced update in steam Cmd

Iv started the server up ( the .bat file) with the 2 following update numbers :200284,343050 ( not at the same time) neither are working .

I seem to be stuck on version 200113

I have updated my server several times and only once had this issue , the next day it just started working. 

A few people have tried to help me but to no avail .

Any ideas? 

343050 is for Don't Starve Together and indeed the 200113 (last is 200284) build is from the A new Reign (beta) branch.

Mind if you copy/paste the line you used to update? Dose it look like c:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe (or whatever is for windows) +force_install_dir "path/to/steam/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server" +login anonymous +app_update 343050 -beta anewreignbeta +quit ?

On 14/12/2016 at 8:40 AM, cezarica said:

343050 is for Don't Starve Together and indeed the 200113 (last is 200284) build is from the A new Reign (beta) branch.

Mind if you copy/paste the line you used to update? Dose it look like c:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe (or whatever is for windows) +force_install_dir "path/to/steam/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server" +login anonymous +app_update 343050 -beta anewreignbeta +quit ?

hey cez , sorry i forgot i posted on here :D

You know what , the next day it just randomly started working again. 

heres the line my .bat file is currently using and was using on the evening it wasn't working.

C:\Users\Marie\Desktop\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +app_update 200284 -beta anewreignbeta validate +quit
cd /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin"

considering I didn't change anything to get it to work and it then just worked i'm guessing it was an issue with maybe steamcmd.

On 12/20/2016 at 11:09 PM, MissPetite said:

+app_update 200284

You don't want that, you want "+app_update 343050" for DST Dedicated Server. But the second line of your batch file suggests that you also have DST Dedicated Server installed via Steam on top of Steamcmd. If that's the case, you don't need the Steamcmd installation at all, and your server was stuck on the previous update until the Steam version of DST Dedicated Server got updated on your PC. If you're playing DST on the same PC you use to host your dedicated server and you're on the same branch, you don't even need DST Dedicated Server, DST has all that's needed for a dedicated server. You only need to change your batch file a little (make a backup first just in case). Delete the first line and change the second one to:

cd /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin"

If it doesn't work and you have had DST installed for over a year and a half or more, change it to this instead:

cd /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin"

I'm assuming there's two more lines in your batch file to actually launch the server, leave them as they are. And your desktop is probably cluttered with steamcmd files and folders that you won't need.

Archived