Invisible Server

Sorry, this is probably a very dump issue with a pretty easy solution.

I'm playing with ANR beta but I can't find my server, but if I leave the Beta the server shows up, however, I can't join because it is marked as ANR Beta server, I'm playing from a different computer, when I launch the server from the same computer the server works fine, can someone help me with this little problem?, what is wrong?

You could open Steam client and go to Library and should see Don't Starve Together [anewreignbeta] if you are indeed in the beta branch (if not sign up) and then right click on the name, choose Properties and then on the new opened window go to Local Files tab and click on Verify integrity of game cache.

See if this helps. Server is in the beta branch?

13 hours ago, cezarica said:

You could open Steam client and go to Library and should see Don't Starve Together [anewreignbeta] if you are indeed in the beta branch (if not sign up) and then right click on the name, choose Properties and then on the new opened window go to Local Files tab and click on Verify integrity of game cache.

See if this helps. Server is in the beta branch?

In the server computer I was using steamcmd so, I don't know how to check that, however It was solved, a little patch came out when I was testing, I just updated both computers and problem solved, thanks

I have some questions for everyone who can answer:

How many Cluster Tokens can I do?, I would like to make a bunch of them and copy them to the server computer

How the game knows that I am the admin?, When I join automatically I become admin, the game knows who I am because the token?

If I want a server with support for 8, 16 or more players, what I need? a strong CPU or a fast connection?, actually hosting from a celeron proecessor laptop with 4gb of RAM with a connection of 10mb while I play in a AMD A8 laptop with 8gb of RAM and since I host from another computer I never experience lag problems but my friends haven't came these days, so I didn't tested how many players my server can hold, should I switch my computers to make a bigger server?

Oh and how the tokens get expired? is by time? by use? sometimes they just doesn't work a single time

1. Not sure about the number of tokens, but I'm sure you don't need to generate one for each server cos you can use the same token for all of your servers just fine.

2. Your server talks with Klei's server and based on the token knows who is the owner so automatically makes you admin.

3. Since the server uses one CPU core for Master and one for Caves your safest bet in therms of lagging is to have as many CPU cores and power you can get. As for RAM, I had 2GB on my server and was pulling down my CPU with just 2 cores as with 8 players was at 100% almost all the time and now after changed from 2GB to 8GB it seems to be running a lot better and now Master is somewhere around 70% while Caves is around 40% while the RAM usage is roughly the same 2GB.

Edit: fixed typos. /facepalm

Archived