Life Giving Amulet in Wilderness Mode

So I've been trying out (and really enjoying) wilderness mode. But unfortunately, I trusted my life on an ironically named Life Giving Amulet, and one Tall bird later I was a skeleton. As I sat there watching the white light fade on my screen, I kept thinking I'd resurrect next to an unconscious bird whom's egg I could then steal, but I got dropped back into the character selection screen. 

Yeeeeahhh. . . . that kind of sucked.

But what I wonder is, what exactly does the amulet do in Wilderness mode? I think I saw that it can heal me at the cost of hunger over time (or maybe I wasn't paying attention). It has to do something, as the other items that only deal with resurrection simply aren't in the mode (such as resurrection stones and meat effigies). Anyhow, I feel like it was some sketchy trinket that I bought off of a back alley hedge mage, and unless I can find a use for it it's sitting back in my camp. At least it makes me look rich when I'm chilling at home :p 

Archived