Lag when fighting bee queen

My friend and I are playing a self-hosted pre-beta world with caves. We recently spawned in a bee queen hive since it didn't appear naturally in our world.

When we try to fight the Bee Queen however half way trough the battle when she starts spitting out more minions and to speed them up I get the worst lag one could possibly imagine. Controls become completely unresponsive, I get stung by her grumble bees without even seeing them on screen and consuming an item from my inventory or switching weapons takes 20-30 sec. We are both playing on stable wired internet connections which should not be the issue here. Everything else in game runs fine. We do run into the occasional lag but never anything like this. 

We attempted this several times before just giving up on her. Even my friend who is the host says he has some lag. The PC that hosts the game is nothing much but still should not have trouble with the game. 

Anyone else experiencing the issue? 

Yeah we've cleared out the ruins, but I can't remember having lag problems due to the shadow spulmonkeys. We butchered them all and destroyed almost all of their homes asap so we haven't really messed with them much. I just tried the fight 1v1 in a test world and it worked fine when I hosted it on a crappier laptop. We will try again tonight, hopefully it is at least playable..

Thats probably a problem of ram rather than internet.

Try going to settings and set Lag compensation to none,the game will go a little bit weird but enemies won't hit you from the other side of the island that easily.

Only desactivate it when you are having problems with the lag,you don't want to go with that desactivated the whole day.

18 hours ago, Wexton said:

Thats probably a problem of ram rather than internet.

Try going to settings and set Lag compensation to none,the game will go a little bit weird but enemies won't hit you from the other side of the island that easily.

Only desactivate it when you are having problems with the lag,you don't want to go with that desactivated the whole day.

This may be effective when you have a little lag/rubber-banding but when you have a 10-20 sec delay it is impossible to play.

Tried the fight two more times. Towards the end it becomes impossible. Not because we cannot handle the boss but because of the lag. 

Archived