A Finder Mod

Hello peoples. I'm new to DST modding. But I already read mods about what I'm about to make for like 3 hours straight. I think I got the gist of it.
To clarify, my objective is to create a finder mod, which I know already exists. But from my experience, it doesn't work and I think of making my own.

--[[ TL;DR ]]--

I need to know how to/can I accomplish these:

• Getting entities (containers to be specific) from TheWorld
  • Does component.highlight applies to all? If so then Client_only dream mod would be crushed
  • If component.highlight applies to all, may I know how DST highlight entities when the mouse hovers over it?

Thank you for your time.

Please just read this thread:
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/70927-finder-mod-client-side/#comment-826056
(short: not possible with "client_only", but the user modding seems very experienced and if he and even DarkXero are not able to make it client_only, then I really really doubt that someone who is new to modding will make it work)

But with access to server the mod works:
Here is the working version of Finder Mod, which is "all_client_require", so I can use the server to get the needed information.
And even with server it was quite complicated...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786654500

Edited by Serpens

1 minute ago, eZeth said:

So, you can't get entities from TheWorld via client-side? If this is no then I'll be heartbroken and sad.

read the thread =P
The one and only problem is, that a client does not know what is in a container, until he opens it.
So the mod is not able to check in which container is what.

You have to be a real expert to maybe find a solution. But modding seems to be quite experienced and did not find a solution after 1 month.
And DarkXero, one of the biggest experts wrote that it is impossible.
So I would stop trying to make it client_only and simply use my server version ;)

4 minutes ago, Serpens said:

The one and only problem is, that a client does not know what is in a container, until he opens it.

You could just say that and I'll completely understand. Well that sucks.

Thank you.

Edited by eZeth

42 minutes ago, eZeth said:

Sorry, not really a fan. But I've read it.

Just to clarify:
TheWorld = server controls it

ThePlayer = client controls it

TheNet = client controls it

Is this correct?

I don't know for sure ... but I think it you can't simplify it that way.
The World is for sure mostly from server yes. But Player stuff like health and all components are also made by server.
I don't know about TheNet.

So I think you can say that most things are done by server and only things that can't be handeled by server, are handled by client, like displaying the HUD or highlight something (everything about display)

Edited by Serpens