Is there a way to regenerate the surface but not the caves?

Oh my bad, misread. Sorry.

How about making a backup of the Caves folder, regenerate the world, stop the server, delete the Caves that was just created and replace it with the one you made a backup and start servers back. In theory should have caves intact, in practice... check it out and let us know what happens. :)

Everything in game is renewable except for the guardian, If you want a bunch of houndious shootious you could just spawn him in instead of generating a new world. It isn't so much of a cheat when you spawn an angry 10k health monster trying to kill you. I really wish they added a mechanic in the base game that would make him re-spawn. One houdnious is simply worthless.

11 hours ago, cezarica said:

How about making a backup of the Caves folder, regenerate the world, stop the server, delete the Caves that was just created and replace it with the one you made a backup and start servers back. In theory should have caves intact, in practice... check it out and let us know what happens. :)

That works, made a test world and spawned a Beefalo down there just to be sure, thanks!

7 hours ago, pofil said:

Everything in game is renewable except for the guardian, If you want a bunch of houndious shootious you could just spawn him in instead of generating a new world. It isn't so much of a cheat when you spawn an angry 10k health monster trying to kill you. I really wish they added a mechanic in the base game that would make him re-spawn. One houdnious is simply worthless.

The reason I want to regenerate my world is because it's a pretty bad world. There aren't any interesting set pieces, the swamp is separated from the rest of the world by a thin strip of land with the dragonfly arena right in the middle, the desert's really small and full of hound mounds, there are like 12 beehives, no rocky biome... Maybe I'm just spoiled because I'm used to singleplayer where you can just throw away a world and hop to a new one whenever you want.

Plus I have a bunch of candy, which is impossible to get in a world with default settings now.

Archived