Musket

Since the arrival of gunpowder in Don't Starve, I always imagined the possibility of creating firearms.

However, I believe that current weapons would not be a good option. What I always imagined to was a species of Musket, exactly because there gunpowder.

The Musket could be created and its functioning could be adapted, but would continue working as a Musket real. To use it you would put gunpowder and use rocks/other item as ammunition.

I Have a good knowledge in programming, but I have no idea of how to create this in a mod. Also do not know if there is a mod with this, because I don't like lot of mods on my game.

7 minutes ago, Ootay said:

That sounds interesting, i would like to see a mod like that. But i have one question, would it be auto-aim, or would you need to aim it? (Like in the Archery Mod)

Given how any weapon can be used to Ctrl + F, AKA force-attack, I suppose we're covered :).

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:24 PM, Ootay said:

That sounds interesting, i would like to see a mod like that. But i have one question, would it be auto-aim, or would you need to aim it? (Like in the Archery Mod)

I think it would be better in auto-aim such as the Spear Gun on Shipwrecked DLC.

10 hours ago, Rosten said:

Guns don't really fit the style of Don't Starve, plus we already have blowguns, a very potent source of ranged damage.

I understand your point, buddy.

I also agree in part with you, I do not believe that guns in general would be a good idea for the game.

But, the musket is a soo much simple weapon like the blowgun you quoted.

It would not have to be OP or long range, the real musket is a bad weapon.

What I really believe is that it would just be another way to use gunpowder.

Thanks for comment!

Archived