Leveling up Base characters?

I am running a server for friends. I would like to add a mod that allows them to level up their various stats by say killing stuff or crafting/eatcing stuff. I have seen the various posts on the matter and have even tried to make a mod, with no coding experience this was a massive waste of time. I am wondering why there are posts on the subject but no mods to do so... I can edit their stats manually through the console and with other mods before i launch the server... but would like the game to take care of this function so that I too can play and level along with them... If someone has a mod for use with compatibility to API 10 then Id be really appreciative if you directed me towards the workshop for it. Thanks.

A complete level up system is nothing you can do in just a few minutes.
It is alot of work, at least if you plan to also add a XP bar or something simular.

There is an mod that has this for Don't Starve, I saw it on workshop some time when I searched for "adventure" I think...It looked like it also introduced classes like mage, paladin and such stuff... But I don't have this game, so I can not download it.
Maybe you take a look at this mod if you find it, how it is done there.

Edited by Serpens

I found old non working ones for Dont Starve, but none have been ported over to DST. There are plenty of mods with custom characters that level up, and from some of the other forums that have piecemeal code posted its doable. I can also manually edit stats as the server so could potentially manually "level" people randomly as I see fit but again it would be nice to attribute it to say kill a monster get 1hp boost or some such. 

Also, I wasnt rushing or complaining about something being done in a few minutes. I had not been told anyone was even working on anything, the opposite in fact. I figured it couldn't be done and hence the guess not comment.

Edited by richardnixon1

4 hours ago, richardnixon1 said:

I found old non working ones for Dont Starve, but none have been ported over to DST. There are plenty of mods with custom characters that level up, and from some of the other forums that have piecemeal code posted its doable. I can also manually edit stats as the server so could potentially manually "level" people randomly as I see fit but again it would be nice to attribute it to say kill a monster get 1hp boost or some such. 

Also, I wasnt rushing or complaining about something being done in a few minutes. I had not been told anyone was even working on anything, the opposite in fact. I figured it couldn't be done and hence the guess not comment.

It is for sure possible ;)

But I just wanted to say that I don't have the time at the moment to do all the work, since it is very much. And I'm not experienced in adding UI like an XP bar or simular.
I can answer short questions, but if you have no clue how to do anything of what you want, I can't help you.
Maybe someone else will answer ;)