Didn't get any gift box for a long time, any way to check if there is any problem?

solimt

I love this game very much so I have been played it since it come out. In the first 3 days (our world) I got 7 gift box and afterwards I didn't get any one (survived hundreds days in DST), is there any problem in the gift system? My trophy is almost complete, left only the 'Shifty, but Thrifty' tp gain.

16 minutes ago, Sir_Kelzad said:

I believe, and I could be wrong, you can only get 4 gifts a week.

Thx! 

But there is a player who already obtain the  'Shifty, but Thrifty'  trophy (Crafted a new clothing item with the help of a mysterious Innkeeper), any idea about how did he do this?

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:40 AM, solimt said:

Thx! 

But there is a player who already obtain the  'Shifty, but Thrifty'  trophy (Crafted a new clothing item with the help of a mysterious Innkeeper), any idea about how did he do this?

Yeah, on psnprofiles.com there are 2 players now who have this trophy... But what was odd to me is that the first person to obtain it, did so on 14th Sep, just 1 day after release & looking at their other DST trophies there, they have 7 very basic ones & then this one... How???

Unless they were Beta testers & skins were carried over?... The other player seems to have obtained theirs on 20th Sep.

• Developer
On 9/19/2016 at 6:21 PM, LadyAzure said:

I've played about 150 days total and only have received 5 items, one of which I do not know how to equip.

What one? If it's an item skin, then in the in game crafting menu there will be an option to cycle between skins.

@solimt skins were carried over from the beta.

11 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

What one? If it's an item skin, then in the in game crafting menu there will be an option to cycle between skins.

As for the original topic, skins were carried over from the beta.

Can we please get a heads up on the frequency that gift boxes are/should be issued?

It would just help us understand if there is a bug to report or not. Thank you!

• Developer

9 minutes ago, bestnick8 said:

Can we please get a heads up on the frequency that gift boxes are/should be issued?

It would just help us understand if there is a bug to report or not. Thank you!

Sorry, should have addressed that. Its the same as on the PC, so 4 a week. I believe weeks end on Thursday.

14 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Sorry, should have addressed that. Its the same as on the PC, so 4 a week. I believe weeks end on Thursday.

Thank you... I imagine that limit for PC players is due to the trading/selling system available on Steam & is there to not be abused, so would there be any consideration to increase the weekly boxes for console players since we can't sell/trade the skins in the same way except through the Innkeeper?

46 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

@solimt skins were carried over from the beta.

I will try it tonight and see if it allows me to equip the skin. I joined another server a few days back and had no option for it. As far as my own server I am past 100 days so I haven't had to craft a new item. So it's  possible to just switch the skin without crafting?

• Developer
46 minutes ago, bestnick8 said:

Thank you... I imagine that limit for PC players is due to the trading/selling system available on Steam & is there to not be abused, so would there be any consideration to increase the weekly boxes for console players since we can't sell/trade the skins in the same way except through the Innkeeper?

Sorry, at this point we are not going to change the drop rate for skins.

23 minutes ago, LadyAzure said:

So it's  possible to just switch the skin without crafting?

You will need to craft a new item to select the skin. The crafting menu should look something like in the spoiler tag below (image was taken from the PC version).

Spoiler

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Sorry, at this point we are not going to change the drop rate for skins.

You will need to craft a new item to select the skin. The crafting menu should look something like in the spoiler tag below (image was taken from the PC version).

Hide contents

Untitled.png

Oh.. yeah that definitely never came up for me. I will try it again.

Archived