Trying to create my first mod

So I have some experience with coding, but I'm brand spanking new to modding games, and DST specifically.  I'm trying to create a mod that will:

A) Remove all Resurrection items from the game

B) Remove Ghost Sanity Drain

Theory being sort of a hardcore mode for DST.  I'm not even sure where I would insert the code, maybe in the mods override file?  I can look that up later if anyone can give me an idea of what to look at to remove items and remove the sanity drain aura.  I see in ghost.lua these lines:

inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")
    inst.components.sanityaura.aura = -TUNING.SANITYAURA_MED

So I assume if I can find a way to negate that or alter the value it should stop the sanity drain.  And removing items should be pretty easy, right?

Anyway, any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Speaking from experience, it might be hard to test out the sanity aura drain at the beginning since you would need a second player tested.

Did you read the guides out there to mod? 

The way I start, is my making TINY changes to the original LUA in such a way that I revert all of them. This helps quickly isolate the correct functions I need to change.

Then you can add a postcontruct to change the function that you want to modify. I usually point the function to my custom creation, then inside my own creation, either before or after, I end up calling the original function. That might not work for you.

Somewhere for Dont Starve Singelplayer on steamworkshop, was a creative Hardcore mod made. Cant find him right now and ima a bit tired, he was never avaibel for DST but i liked him alot maybe he gives u hints for some lua codes when u can find it. Ill will look later if i can find it again when i had some sleep.

Greetings

You could ask some modders who have already introduced such components. Resurrection Tuner has a lot of options when it comes to what you want to achieve, similar to Sanity Tuner. Ghost drain is not present in endless, wilderness doesn't have ghosts at all (can't remember if the recipes for hearts and so on are still there). Your mod would therefore be for survival only. And in endless, no idea how you will deal with the fact the portal resurrects you. So I would ask for advice from those who have already tinkered with such elements.

13 hours ago, sirnumbskull said:

So I have some experience with coding, but I'm brand spanking new to modding games, and DST specifically.  I'm trying to create a mod that will:

A) Remove all Resurrection items from the game

B) Remove Ghost Sanity Drain

Theory being sort of a hardcore mode for DST.  I'm not even sure where I would insert the code, maybe in the mods override file?  I can look that up later if anyone can give me an idea of what to look at to remove items and remove the sanity drain aura.  I see in ghost.lua these lines:

inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")
    inst.components.sanityaura.aura = -TUNING.SANITYAURA_MED

So I assume if I can find a way to negate that or alter the value it should stop the sanity drain.  And removing items should be pretty easy, right?

Anyway, any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thats the Mod i was talking about its for Dont Starve Singelplayer but it could u give maybe some ideas and hints to do it in DST. Some functions for sure changed but well Good Luck thats all i can provide sry . -.

Greetings

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276341701&searchtext=Hard