Text chat during split screen??

• Developer

Unfortunately the PlayStation virtual keyboard would prevent player 2 from being able to play while player 1 is typing (and vice versa) so we decided to disable it. A better solution for this is on our task list but I cannot give an ETA on when it will come in.

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Unfortunately the PlayStation virtual keyboard would prevent player 2 from being able to play while player 1 is typing (and vice versa) so we decided to disable it. A better solution for this is on our task list but I cannot give an ETA on when it will come in.

But most of the time, in my case, when I supposedly want to talk to someone, my brother and I first enter in a consent to keep in a safe place.

Also, chat in DST PS4 isn't the most dynamic thing ever you know, you need to stay safe anyway when you decide to open the Vkeyboard

On 7/28/2016 at 0:46 PM, ScottHansen said:

Its almost impossible to play the game without being able to talk to other players. Personally I'd rather deal with the slightly annoying pause when someone is typing than no communication at all with online players. Headsets are an option but some people don't have one or are uncomfortable using one.

I agree, we should have the option to type in split-screen co-op. Just enabling it for the first player would be fine, as anything that needs to be said can just be relayed.

Also, it would be great if hitting Enter (or any other hotkey) on a physical keyboard could quickly pull up text chat, as it feels a bit clunky to stop, press R3, select Say, and have the virtual keyboard pop up.

• Developer
4 hours ago, Brandyn said:

hey what you could do is make a seperate virtual keyboard for ss if possible so the seperate one wont freeze the other player from moving.

Yep, its already fairly high up on the task list. However, crashes and some other things are taking priority right now.

Archived