[Mod Release] Home Base Bonus

Hi,

Home Base Bonus Mod , all_clients mod

This mod can add speed, sanity, insulation and rainreduction bonus to floorings (wooden, carpet and checker).
Rain reduction also applies to structures and items.
You can define how big each bonus should be in the settings or even disable a bonus completely ;)

To not be overpowered, by default the bonus only works if you are in range of a base, which means by default in a range of 30 steps are science machine, alchemy lab, lightsource, crockpot , 10 walls and a chest needed. Otherwise the bonus won't work.
Of course you can disable this base feauture or you can change the required buildings and the range.
A small icon on the top left will appaer, if the bonus is active ;)

If a tooltip mod, like "ShowMe" is active, you will see at least the sanity, insulation and rainreduction bonus when hovering over the turf item. (speed is disabled and deprecated at the "ShowMe" mod, but I added this in my personal version).

It also includes "drying fire", which is enabled by default. Hot things will give rain reduction. Also structures and items will get wet later or dry faster if in range of heat.

Hint:
The rainreduction from this mod does not stack up with game related rainproofness.
In the game you can wear 5 things that gives you 20% rainproofness, which will sum up to 100% rainproof.
But if you have a thing that gives you 30% rainproof and are standing on a floor with 70% rainreduction, you will receive a total rainproof of 79%.
So a rainreduction of 70% will just multiply the MoistureRate, you have after all your rainproofness bonuses, with 0.3.

Now also at steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738448215

And of course many thanks to IvanX , he helped me alot at this forum, especially on how to add the icon and components
And DarkXero for helping me with the client/server stuff.

You can download it here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/1570-home-base-mod/
There are also some pictures ;)

Please write me your feedback here, if you know something that could be improved, or you find bugs ;)

Mod is based on the Multifunctional Carpet mod from [BS]Jupiter https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=506553597

Edited by Serpens

5 minutes ago, IvanX said:

Gratz! : p

Why not upload it to steamworkshop ?

just added a "thanks to IvanX" ;):D
I will also add it into the modinfo file in the next release or the release to steam ;)

Before uploading it at steam, I want to be sure everything works, at least I'm not sure about the icon thing.
So after someone confirmed, that everything also works at second/third player pc, I will upload it at steam :)

I just played with my friends and found out that the icon does not work for clients. At least if the mod is set up as server_only mod (mod crashed with HUD == nil error)

The the first uploaded version is only for singleplayer. I will upload next version now. This is all_client now and I added a condition that it does nothing with the HUD, if it is nil. So the worst case should be that there is no icon for clients, but no crash.

Also I added a new feature:
Hot soureces like fire will reduce MoistureRate (the speed of which wetness increase), by up to ~0.07 (if near lava, for a fire at 100% it will be ~0.05). The max MoistureRate is 0.75.  So if it rains only a bit, you won't get wet and dry near a fire. If it rains more than a bit, you have at least a small rainreduction near fires.
Also nature Temperature affects wetness gain a bit. At 40°C it will reduce MoistureRate by 0.03, at 20°C by 0.01.

Both features (fire and nature) are enabled by default, but can be deactivated of course.
If I find a way to also reduce wetness of items and structures, I will remove this feature from this mod and publish a seperate one.