Retexturing Characters

To get straight to the point, how might one go about retextering one of the dst characters to look different? In this case Wigfrid. All I would be doing is changing the sprites. I've gotten a touch more familiar with the character mods by examining some in the workshop and comparing them to the one that I have been working on, so while I might not know exactly what I'm looking at (code-wise), I'm starting to get a general sense.

this is what I would call remodeling a character. Meaning I want this character to look different. Meaning

"you must edit each image of that character the way you want to" So technically the "esctemplate" or creating your own character tutorial should suffice on doing what you want to do.

If you check the video it should be around the 11 min mark where you edit the character.

5 hours ago, BlueSideWind said:

this is what I would call remodeling a character. Meaning I want this character to look different. Meaning

"you must edit each image of that character the way you want to" So technically the "esctemplate" or creating your own character tutorial should suffice on doing what you want to do.

If you check the video it should be around the 11 min mark where you edit the character.

Okay. This is what I was using before. My mod wasn't quite working with it, but maybe I can figure it out. Do you know how I could use Wigfrid as a template?

16 hours ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

Okay. This is what I was using before. My mod wasn't quite working with it, but maybe I can figure it out. Do you know how I could use Wigfrid as a template?

well first off the template is out dated and doesn't work anymore. New coding or tutorial is needed to make it work. as for the Wigfrid template Im sure its up for grabs somewhere in the code files.

13 hours ago, WPH said:

ive actually been looking to do something similar but with maxwell. wasnt sure where to begin.

so you both basicly have the same problem which is "where to find" the original template of pre made characters.

go to your "Don't Starve Together" Folder

actually I'll just paste the image of it lol. but basicly go to these folders.

1.png

19 minutes ago, BlueSideWind said:

so you both basicly have the same problem which is "where to find" the original template of pre made characters.

...thank you so much this was so helpful. ;v; !!