How to run multiple servers on the same machine? (linux)

I have started a dedicated server with this guide:

The server works properly but I wonder how to have another server running separately, I have searched for some guides but they are outdated.

Sorry for my bad English and thanks for the answers.

Duplicate what you did, changing the 'MyDediServer' to something else in all file paths/configs, change the cluster_key to something unique to the new shard cluster, and then change the ports the second dedi uses to something unique.

2 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Duplicate what you did, changing the 'MyDediServer' to something else in all file paths/configs, change the cluster_key to something unique to the new shard cluster, and then change the ports the second dedi uses to something unique.

Someone can explain it more detailed? I don't know if I need to duplicate all folders or only 'MyDediServer' and what ports I need to change?

thanks in advance!

Hi @krlos

you just need to add -configdir in your command line

just some example:

server1:

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir configs/server1 -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir configs/server1 -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

server2:

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir configs/server2 -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir configs/server2 -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

12 hours ago, ToNiO55 said:

Hi @krlos

you just need to add -configdir in your command line

just some example:

server1:

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir configs/server1 -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir configs/server1 -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

server2:

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir configs/server2 -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -conf_dir configs/server2 -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

Thank you but I now did it by another method.

Archived